“Well preserved”

Ranked #19 of 463 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This church's congregation has included Ben Franklin, George Washington and Betsy Ross.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The church is an actively used facility. It is very well maintained....hard to believe it dates back to the 1700's. I was humbled to walk in the doors.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was not on my original to do list but I am very happy that I decided to enter this church. It was amazing and I took some great pictures. My son was so excited to be able to sit in the same pew that George Washington sat in.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place was right across the street from our hotel. A lot of history- and cemetary attached. We enjoyed a quick look.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Christ Church is rich in the history of our leaders who worshipped there. The pews are identified where some of our Presidents sat while attending. A must see.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

It's wonderful to find the doors of this historic building open to the public most of the time, and the guides/staff were very welcoming in answering questions about the church and its history. Visitors are invited to sit in the presidential pew (which my 11-year-old thought was exciting), and the little gift shop is good, too. The cemetery is just a couple of blocks away, and also worth a visit along the trail of Independence sites. If you love history, it's a must-visit.