“Isn't this what you came to Philly for? A must see.”
Review of Independence Hall

Ranked #4 of 462 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were signed in this historic building.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The birthplace of our nation maintained and presented so you enjoy the historic feeling and experience. Beautiful setting. Walking distance to so many other venues. Don't forget to see the Liberty Bell in the visitors center.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

In early September 2012, I visited friends outside of Philadephia and took a daytrip into the city, visiting Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Congress Hall, and the visitors center. The attractions were all first rate, and the guides were very informative and nice. You need to go into the visitors center to get a ticket to get into Independence Hall and Congress Hall. They just hand them out with a time on them.
I was always somewhat "scared" to go into downtown Philly, but the drive in was not bad, we found parking relatively easily, and it seemed quite safe in the historical area. There are carriage rides available (although a bit too pricey for me), but we spoke with the drivers who were all very friendly.
There is a free/inexpensive (free to srs, etc, otherwise like $2 to get on each time) bus line that picks up in front of the visitors center and various places in a loop around the city but I forget the name of it. It was a great ride and brochures are available in the visitors center. We used it to take nearly the entire loop so we could find "Rocky's Steps" without wandering all over the city in the car, parking again, etc. It took us right to it, plus, we got to see other parts of the city that we could stop at on another trip.
All in all, Phildephia was much nicer than we thought it might be. The street we came in on was not a very nice one and looked like a very unsafe neighborhood, but no one bothered us.
There are a ton of other attractions in the historical area, but since we had limited time, we missed them this time!

3  Thank jenster11174
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had not visited Independence Hall since I was a kid in elementary school. This was my wife's first visit to Philadelphia, so wanted to make sure she got to visit, as well as I had the desire myself. The tour guide was great and very informative, I actually learned a few things I did not know. I have always enjoyed U.S. History, so it was fun to visit a place that is so important to the history of our country. I think it is sad that U.S. History does not seem to be very important in a lot of schools these days. I think every member of Congress should have to tour Independence Hall and some of the other surrounding historic sites, it may remind them what they are supposed to be doing.

3  Thank rjggman
Reviewed February 2, 2013

In my opinion a visit to the Indipendence Hall is a must for everybody traveling through this area of the US. It really makes you understand the founding spirit which made possible the birth of such a great nation. The Ranger leading the visit trasmitted emotions in such a positive way that almost everybody was deeply moved.

2  Thank Faban66
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Lots of wonderful information about the founding of the United States. Buildings were neat and we enjoyed the free tour.