“History”

Ranked #5 of 458 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were signed in this historic building.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

the guide were great really brought history to life, well preserved, tidy and clean, nice to see it being taken good care of!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Every American should see Independence Hall, if only to see where the Founding Fathers met to craft both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. The tour also includes the old House and Senate chambers. This is the real American gem.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is the place where the Declaration of Independence was signed back in 1776. This is also a place where America was born too. This is one of my favorite exhibits of American history. My bro and I went there several times with my family when we were younger. We still love it, and we will visit Philly again and again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

It never ceases to amaze me how little I know about our country's history. This was a fascinating tour and taught me so much about the establishment of our nation. Living in the southwest, we are so removed from the place where it all began. Great historical significance! The guides are extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was in Philadelphia for a convention, and stopped by one day. It was great to see the place where so much history took place, and being by myself was not a problem at all. The guides give a talk with the story of the place, which really adds to the experience. They are very knowledgeable and make it a lot of fun.