“Great. Something for everyone”

Reading Terminal Market
Ranked #4 of 458 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Featuring over 80 concessions, this historic market has something for even the most eclectic of tastebuds.
Reviewed March 8, 2009

This is a wonderful city food market with many choices of good food stalls. Everything from Thai, chinese, italian deli, pizza, Pennyslvania Dutch etc... There is a herb and spice concession that has just about everything. I would definately put this on the itinerary if in the area. Good stop for lunch. It is across the street from the Convention center

1  Thank nthemermaid

Reviewed March 6, 2009

I stayed at a nearby hotel during a rainy weekend and Reading Terminal Market served as a nice and inexpensive way to get out of the rain. It's a also a great stop for a quick bite. Be sure to make a stop there on the way home to pick up some fresh meat and veggies for dinner.

Reviewed December 31, 2008

We loved the Reading Market, I think we spent 45 minutes walking around looking at all the food before we finally decided what we wanted. There's something for everyone here, such a diverse grouping of mostly fresh food. My favorite was all the amish offerings, juice, jams, baked goods, etc. We ended up eating at Rick's for some cheesesteak, getting a pretzel and juice from an amish stand, and desert from somewhere else. I think we could have continued to eat if our stomachs wouldn't have burst! It was like a farmers market on roids! :)

Reviewed November 4, 2008

The Reding Terminal Market was across the street from our hotel and was delightful for breakfast and lunch. It closes around 5:30pm. Wonderful food, flowers, people watching. Easy on the pocket book and great for shared meals with vegetarian friends. Everyone splits up, gets the meal they want and meet in the middle for seating. I would recommend to all.

1  Thank LisaWithrow
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Having lots of vendors in a confined place, I expected this to be an overpriced tourist trap. I was pleasantly surprised. I was there last week and even went again because I enjoyed it so much.

The place has something for everyone. The first time around, I split sandwiches with my companion (Rick's cheese steaks & Dinic's roasted pork sandwich). Needless to say, we couldn't finish our lunch, but split a cannoli from Termini Brothers anyway.

We lumbered back to our hotel and had to take a break from sightseeing...

The second time around, my companion had samosas, while I had a delicious french ham w/brie & carmelized onion sandwich. WOW!

If I lived in Philly, I'd be here everyday and would weigh 400 lbs.

2  Thank Abazaba