“Everyone should have access to a market like this”

Reading Terminal Market
Ranked #4 of 443 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Featuring over 80 concessions, this historic market has something for even the most eclectic of tastebuds.
Raleigh
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Everyone should have access to a market like this”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

What a great place for lunch! If I lived near enough, I'd shop there all the time, such great artisinal stuff!

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, MD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Chocolate organs--the perfect gift for your science friends”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I went to the Reading Terminal Market because I had heard about the roasted pork sandwich from DiNic's. I loved the market for all the different shops there--truly something for everyone. I went once at about 4:00 pm on Wednesday and it was busy but not super crowded (the Pennsylvania Dutch stalls were closed though). I went again at 1:00 pm on Friday and everything was open, but it was so crowded I coudn't walk through easily, so pick your time. At 4:00 DiNic's had run out of greens but I could order a sandwich easily. At 1:00 the line was so long I would never bother. I loved the chocolate stall that sells chocolate hearts, brains, kidneys, and noses (also a chocolate cheesesteak). I brought some kidneys back to my colleagues in the hospital. Also check out the bakery that sells the cake equivalent of turducken--a cake with pumpkin pie baked in the bottom layer and apple pie baked in the top layer. I regret that I was too full to try a piece!

Visited November 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Food”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Great places to get a bite to eat. Try the home made ice cream!

Shropshire, uk
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed nearby at the Loews, and stumbled upon this place by accident on the first day. What a great place to eat. We tried both a deli and a breakfast spot who's motto was start your day the Amish way. Breakfast was fantastic. One of the best places we found in Philly.

Markham, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Exceptional variety of foods! Heaven for foodies!”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

An unbelievable collection of fresh food vendors in this marketplace! The busyness creates a nice vibe within the building!! Don't know how long it would take to try all this food but would love the challenge!

If you're not comfortable with crowds, this is a busy location where you'll be in tight quarters with lots of strangers! :D

Visited November 2011