“Watered down Thai with a cool spot”
Review of Pad Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Watered down Thai with a cool spot”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Pad Thai is situated by Penns Landing which automatically gives it a bit of an edge because of its proximity to the ever-loving eclectic South St and the relaxing presence of the river. However, at 6, 7, and 8pm which is how long my wife and I and 2 friends were there the restaurant never exceeded 5-6 tables full on a warm Friday night in Nov.

The waitstaff was bizarre at best, very aloof and the food took forevvvvvver to come out, the drinks had almost no remnants of alcohol and I paid extra to up mine to Grey Goose instead of their base or well. The staff overall was very welcoming and friendly and it was clean but other than that totally nondescript. Especially in terms of flavor which is an absolute no-no with Thai. They need a new chef desperately, because it is a wonderful location and could very well be on its way out if they don't get some authentic flavorful heated thai. Overall, the food was flavorless but not bad, cooked well, and certainly edible, and the atmosphere was enjoyable. I do not think I will be returning unless I hear of a new chef or am invited to go and even then I think I would suggest a different Thai place. I have not found my wonderful Thai place yet, but I'm looking and Pad Thai just isn't it.

Best of luck to them!

Visited November 2011

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Service was horrible/place not too clean”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Bunch of us went cause herd great things about their food. but the service was pretty bad. a thai drag queen waited on us which is fine if thats cool with you, but the place was NOT very clean. And our waiter/waitress was more interested in flirting with the guys at our table than in serving us.

• Visited September 2011
Philadelphia
“Delicious Every Visit”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I've been here several times and I'm never disappointed. The service is great. The restaurant is quiet. The prices are on par with other Thai restaurants, and most importantly, the food is wonderful. I've had the Pad Thai, Duck Curry, and Mango Chicken, and I've loved them all. I've had ice creams here and the banana spring rolls, and again, they're superb. Even the cocktails are fantastic and very creative. I usually take my out of town company here because even they love it so much!

Philadelphia
“Best Thai Food”
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I have been there for many years and the restaurant is better than ever. Yes, new owner for like 4 years, and they have done an amazing job. The food is so fresh and tasty, the portions are huge, the presentations of the dishes are beautiful, and the prices are super! I highly recommend this restaurant.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It USED to be our favorite Thai restaurant, but I think the owners have changed. Food is not as good as it once was...”
Reviewed May 15, 2008

It USED to be our favorite Thai restaurant, but I think the owners have changed. Food is not as good as it once was. The service was slow. It took almost 30 minutes to get our dinner after the order was placed and there were only 2 other tables with patrons. We asked for a side of hot sauce and they charged us an extra 50 cents. Won't break the bank but that's like charging someone for salt at the table.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook