“Good but very loud”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Second Street
Transit: The septa station at 2nd and market makes it easy to get to Triumph using the subway.
Description: Triumph Brewing Company is a sophisticated restaurant & brewery featuring regional American cuisine & hand-crafted freshly brewed beer. Triumph is located in the heart of Old City, adjacent to Philadelphia's most historic square mile featuring Independence Hall, Betsy Ross House, the Liberty Bell, the First Post Office & Bank of the United States, Elfreth's Alley, Christ Church & many more. Triumph Brewing Company hosts parties of all sizes- from 12-400 guests. Our upstairs space overlooks the brewery and is the perfect spot to host both corporate and social events. Beer tastings & tours can be combined with any of our menus. Triumph also has a projector and screen available to use upon request. Email Stephanie at stephanie@triumphbrew.com for information about discounted parking and other offers.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Food was a step above regular bar food (not a big step but a step). Beers were different and tasted good. My wife and I enjoyed sharing the sampler of all drafts they had. Close to historic district. Definitely was the oldest one in the place (I am 50) by 8:30. Wasn't a problem but I felt out of place.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Some girlfriends and I were visiting Philly for a long weekend and stumbled into this place. It is very unassuming looking on the outside, but inside its very warm and has a cool atmosphere.

All three of us ordered something different: my one friend ordered the pulled chicken sandwich; the other, the chicken nachos; I ordered the lamb sliders. All were excellent and really flavorful. If you love a really savory, cheesy burger go with the lamb sliders--the meat was cooked perfectly, the goat cheese creamy and none of it overpowered the other. The prices were also very reasonable.

We're not beer drinkers so we can't vouch for that--but we did order the cookie plate for dessert, and again, delicious! Will definitely come back if I'm in Philly.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Located about a block in from Front St in Old City. Triumph Brewing Co. offers some very good hand crafted Ale's. The food is of adequate size and of decent quality. All in all, it's a pretty good watering hole. The place itself, is in serious need of a major over haul. The bathrooms are unisex, so, to say the least, finding a clean stall is an adventure. Ladies, be prepared to hover.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The beer superb, the appetizer crab dip superb, the service superb, the dinner excellent. The bathroom filthy and when I lifted the seat it actually came off. Guys who take their families generally take these facilities into account. Doubt my wife would want to return.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

As beer lovers, we were excited to stop in to the Triumph Brewing Company for a few beers on the recommendation of some local friends. It did not disappoint. We enjoyed the bar scene and the friendly staff. The beers were excellent and it was happy hour so even cheaper than we anticipated. We have already recommend this place to a few friends and will continue to do so!