Basically cornered into staying at this hotel due to a business meeting, it wasn't quite as bad as anticipated -- but I would not stay there by choice as there are many other -- and less expensive -- options.
Nutshell: they are really trying, but need to pay attention to the finer details and keep staff informed & cordial to have the experience equal to the cost of a room.
Longwinded version: While the renovations have somewhat refreshed the rooms (and the new beds really ARE comfy), an air of dinginess & neglect still comes through. For example, there is a windowed seating area near the elevators on the sleeping room floor where my room was and there was trash there for the 2-1/2 days I stayed -- housekeeping obviously does not go near the windows or they would have seen the empty snack bags and crumbs. My floor was noisy as it seems there were a couple of rooms of high schoolers down the hall (weeknight!) who went up & down the halls and slammed doors at all hours. Also, about 9:30 PM on Sunday, there was all kinds of noise (seems they were doing some upkeep and sound traveled throughout the building -- why non-emergency maintenance at that time, who knows).
Upon arrival, 2 room lamps & 1 lamp in the bathroom did not work. I managed to fix the desk lamp; by the next day (without asking -- thank you housekeeping!) the bathroom light was fixed. The floor lamp, however, had a loose socket, no bulb (and it was still plugged into the wall). And it was good the bathroom light was fixed -- close the shower curtain and feel like you're bathing in a cave it's so dark!
Room service took longer than expected (over an hour for a club sandwich) but food was good (extra charges added on were ridiculous -- just make the sandwich $15 bucks & call it a day!) and kitchen called up to make sure everything was all right.
The Front Desk people were quite pleasant but need to be more informed about the area, including their parking garage (which is really a public garage for the nearby offices).
Concierge was 50-50 -- one staffer was insolent and it seemed as though people bothered him; another staffer went above and beyond in providing information.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown hotel is near the Franklin Institute, the Convention Center, and many corporations. We have 757 guest rooms, free wifi, and 38 meeting rooms/58,000 sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel
- Sheraton City Center Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Sheraton