“Treated us like valued guests”

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Northern Virginia
“Treated us like valued guests”
Reviewed March 2, 2006

For the price and location, this hotel is a very good option. We stayed for only one night, February 10th. The hotel is easy to get to from 95. Parking was difficult since they have a small 2 level underground garage but they allowed us to self-park in the valet area, they were very accommodating and helpful. When we checked in originally the room we received had half eaten wheel of cheese and some drinks in it, the bathroom had also been used. After a quick call to the front desk they provided us with another room, sans cheese and with a clean bathroom. It was all very swift and painless. They sent us a basket of snacks, drinks and wine for the inconvenience. It was unexpected and unnecessary but much appreciated.

They went out of their way to make it up to us when other hotels would have been less responsive and more inconvenient just to get another room. The hotel treated us like the rooms were more expensive and we were valued guests. The staff was very courteous and friendly. It was busy during our stay as there was a conference being held there but that did not negatively affect our experience in any way. The lobby bar was a nice place to lounge and again the bartender was attentive and sociable. Our room was spacious, clean and offered a great view. The bathrooms seemed recently renovated and were very pleasant. The location to the Franklin Institute can’t be beat and there are numerous little restaurants and bars in the area that are safe to walk to. Check out was a breeze as it was available to do so over the TV.

I was apprehensive about this hotel initially since I was unfamiliar with it and the city in general but was very pleased with the end result and would suggest it to anyone looking to stay in that area of Philadelphia.

6 Thank poohie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 24, 2006

My friend and I booked this hotel sight unseen for our first trip to Philly. We were so pleasantly surprised. The room was very large, nicely decorated and very clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. We walked to the Liberty Bell, etc. and walked back. Liked it so much, I've booked it for a family trip next week. I'm sorry others have not had
the same positive experience. They should give it another try, and I'll report back on my second stay.

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jersey Shore
Reviewed February 18, 2006

You people just love reporting every little bad thing, but don't take the time the write the good things! People just love to complain!!!The hotel was nice and I don't recall seeing a dirty room or a worn- out lobby! My room was very clean and the rest of the property looked great. It was well worth the rate I paid. If you are looking for a good deal on a city hotel, try out the Wyndham! Don't listen to all these negative people.

2 Thank Yankees2123
new york
Reviewed February 18, 2006

we stayed the hotel for one night.checking and check out was very easy. staffs were very pleasant and helpful. room was very clean and nice. the parking fee $ 25 dollar was little bit high. we got a good price through hotwire. i strongly agree that this is good bargain.

4 Thank jacob722
earlville, ny
Reviewed January 9, 2006

we stayed here fro 2 nites unable to cancel for 2nd nite due to "prepay" bargain price. room was dirty..food in fridge..qtips on floor..GUM stuck to wall. pool was utterly unacceptable. no hot tub, although current AAA book sates there is? hmm? noise in hall at 3 am was unbelievable. coffee pot filthy! maid who re-cleaned our room very pleasant and aplogetic but when you check in and want to rest before dinner this is impossible when your room is being cleaned. Never would recommend.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank lorri p

Travelers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Philadelphia
Reviewed January 4, 2006

I nve actually stayed at the hotel. I did make a reservation which I cancelled due to plans to go to Atlantic city instead. I was later billed by the hotel for the room and was told that someone had in fact stayed at the hotel in my room under my name and charged it to my credit card. Hmmm, who would have my name , credit card # and exp. date except for a hotel employee? I have tried to settle this w/ the hotel but have been ignored and my credit card company is in the process of disputing the charge. WARNING: there are obviously some scam artists working here- be careful!

• Stayed October 2005
10 Thank Jeannette R
Eynon, PA
Reviewed January 2, 2006

I stayed here for one night in early January '06, having booked via Hotwire and received a very good rate. They seem to have rooms on Hotwire fairly frequently; comes up there as a 3.5 star in west Center City, which is close enough. (The location is two blocks northwest of City Hall, very close to the main science museums, the children's museum, and the Free Library; the art museum is only slightly farther off.) I had an 18th floor room; it was clean and everything worked, though it was slightly short on toilet paper (this turned out not to be an issue, fortunately) and I had to scrounge coffee from a maid to use the coffee maker. I didn't use the fitness center equipment (though there was plenty of it); the pool was very warm if a bit deserted, at the end of a long corridor, and lacking towels. Parking was $25/day with full in/out privileges. So overall, I was happy with the value received for the price I paid; I would have been much less happy at $180.

• Stayed January 2006