Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
$125
$367
Travelocity
2,825 results
All reviewsmary mastrobuonithe club loungeconcierge deskart museumfranklin instituteself parkhousekeeping stafffitness centercity hallrittenhouse squarehousekeeperdoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2005

We checked in on Sept. 17th for our anniversary. I had read the reviews before and was leary of what I would encounter, but I choose to give it my best attitude. The Wyndham by request line was actually longer than regular check in, but we didn't wait more than 10-15 minutes. Tony at check in was very courteous and efficient.

We had room 2019 - an excellent view of the city - it happened to be the Philly marathon the next morning. The room was very large and our By Request wine, water and crackers and cheese were waiting for us with a personalize note. It's such a nice touch for a FREE service. If you've ever even considered staying at a Wyndham, sign up for this service. You won't regret it.

My only complaint was with the (lack of) ice machines. There was none on the 20th floor, but there was a note in its place saying to try floors 24 or 18. After a half hour trip to 2 empty ice machines (on my anniversary...), I went back to my room and called the By request # left in the room. I got an answering machine that directed me to the operator. I explained to the operator and she put me through to room service. I explained again and told them that I wanted ice brought to my room and was NOT going to pay for it. They said no problem and within 20 minutes a large bucket of ice was delivered - free. Nice.

I would stay at this hotel again. It was easy to get around the city from and if you don't expect the Ritz-Carlton, you're set!!

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank mom4marley
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 13, 2005

I was attending a conference at the hotel and had booked many months in advance. Even arranged for an early check in at 11am. When I arrived I was told that because they were sold out the night before they had no rooms clean yet and could not check me in. The staff had terrible attitudes and made not effort to assist me...even as a Wyndham By Request member. I tried again at 3 and then at 5pm. Finally, after demanding to speak with a manager was I able to get a room...and I insisted on an upgrade. The hotel is old, the facilities are in poor condition and I would never go back.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
dumbarton scotland
Reviewed September 3, 2005

got a great deal on this hotel from hotwire stayed an extra night as we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. renovations are going on here in the swimming pool area and leisure complex however room allocated was fine clean cmfortable with lovely view of the bassillica and the fooftops of this wonderfull city, no room safe but deposit boxes at reception staff were lovely nothing was any problem. mary the concierge was excellent courteous well informed and patient the bellboys were a joy cheerfull and helpfull. meals at the hotel were reasonable and well presented. i would definitely stay here again the central position made this an excellent choice

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 31, 2005

My, Stay at the wynham franklin plaza was a wonderful experiance
the staff was friendly and very helpful Iam planning a other trip.
The room was clean I stayed on the 8 floor anyone going for a
honeymoon should go and so much to see.

Reviewed August 28, 2005

My wives family reunion was held in Philadelphia at the Wyndham July 14-18. It's my common practice to check the reviews of potential hotels on trip advisor before booking. This time I didn't have that luxury since everyone, and all the events for the reunion were scheduled at the Wyndham. Judging by the reviews I read--I would not have stayed at the Wyndham. What a surprise I got. The rooms were clean and the view from my room on the 26th floor was to die for. The staff was friendly and helpful all four days of our stay. In fact, I did not hear a single complaint from anyone in our group of about 50 people staying at the Wyndham for the reunion. The hotel is in a good location and there are some excellent restaurants in the area. A couple of suggestions: do not to eat in the hotel as the food is expensive and there are better places near by. For breakfast go to Yonny's its the best. If you have a car you will find cheaper parking outside of the hotel in some of the nearby parking lots that have reduced rates for late afternoons and weekends.

• Stayed: July 2005