“First time in Philly ”

Ranked #54 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
chicago
“First time in Philly ”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, easy access to everything. We got a good last minute price on Priceline so definitely worth the price. Stayed 3 nights while moving daughter into new apt. Downside was Wi Fi service was not good. My husband could not conduct necessary business while we were there. Also, hard to believe a large, modern hotel would not have a fan in the bathroom. Crazy that you have to open the door after taking a shower in order to see.

Stayed June 2014
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear suze303,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall and certainly look forward to addressing your feedback on the Wi-Fi service. We hope to connect with you again soon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mt Vernon ,NY
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was very dissapointed with this hotel because the hotel was not very clean. This hotel needs a major overhaul and updates. The room was just average and the carpets needs a good steam cleaning. I was very surprised because I have stayed at different Sheratons and this was not what I have been used to. I was here for a friends and family weekend and everyone said that they would not come back to this hotel. One of the employees did mention that the hotel will be going through a renovation soon so maybe that would help. I will say that the buffet breakfast was good and my sister said that the gym was decent. One last thing the parking lot inside the hotel was very scetchy. Please make sure you are not in their alone because you hear ear piercing sounds.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Asa17
Dear Asa17,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. Please accept our apologies for what you have experienced during your recent stay; we certainly hold ourselves to a higher standard than what you have mentioned. We will share your comments with our team and make sure to make necessary improvements. The hotel will begin renovations of our guest rooms and corridors in the next few months and are very excited to have a vibrant new product for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope to connect with you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Whilst it did need a bit of an upgrade (and the room could have been a bit cleaner - dust on the windowsill and hair in the bath plughole), it was a great value stay. The staff were so lovely and friendly, and we really enjoyed our stay. The pool was brilliant, very clean, but it was a bit cold! Would highly recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carys M
Dear Carys H,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We are glad that you had such a great stay! We hope to see you back in Philadelphia again soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I and my guests stayed at the Sheraton for my wedding. The hotel is nice, but the review is about Mary Mastrobuoni. At 5:25am the day of my wedding, my hair and makeup stylist (Nikki of La Bella Sposa), who didn't have the guts to pick up the phone and call me or return my multiple phone calls, decided she was not going to come to the hotel because she found a group of girls going to a prom and she would make $950 vice the $500 she would make with me. Yes, this was my wedding DAY and the company was La Bella Sposa - don't ever use them! Anyhow, that's another review. Since it was so early and I wasn't going back to bed, I went to their gym to work out some stress until the concierge got in at 7am. At 7am sharp, I went to the desk and found Mary Mastrobuoni (who I remembered from a previous visit) happy and smiling. I told her what had happened, and after her expected shock and disbelief, she said she might be able to help me, and to give her a couple hours because it was so early and no one was open.
At 0830, I got a phone call in my room from Mary. She had already found a salon, made an appointment, and arranged a cab for my bridal party and I. As if that wasn't enough, she somehow managed to get me what I'm guessing was the BEST makeup and hair artists in all of Philadelphia. The salon was Giovannni's and I had Robbie do my makeup and Frank do my hair. To be honest, I never would have found these guys because they don't pop up on google when you do a search. But they are hidden gems and I looked a thousand times better than any trial I had ever done. BUT - I would never have found them without my life-saving concierge- Mary Mastrobuoni.
I hope even the guys out their reading this realize how HUGE this was. Thank you so much Mary for saving me a ton of stress and heartache on my wedding day. I can not thank you enough.

Room Tip: Get a high floor - the view is awesome.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Amy G,

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review! We are delighted you took the time to point out the individual team member who made your stay memorable. Mary is truly one of our superstars and we look forward to recognizing her for another job well done. We can't wait to connect with you again soon!

Hickory, NC
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel while in town for a conference. I was not impressed with this hotel. Our room was just average. When we first walked in the room it was warm, upon inspection of the ac filters we realized they were filthy. We took them out and washed them in the tub. Another thing that was irritating was the bed not having a fitted sheet on it. They used just one flat sheet with a small thin mattress pad underneath it. We were constantly having to tuck the sheet back in and one time during the nite I woke up and realized that the sheet had moved, again and I was sleeping on part of the mattress pad. Everything in the shop downstairs was over priced. Parking was $38 a day. You can go down the street a block and pay $17 a day for their parking. Again, I was not impressed! Everything was overpriced, out dated and they don't mind over charging their customers for an average quality product all because of the Sheraton name.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank agoofygrle1
Dear agoofygrle1,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are dissapointed that you didn't enjoy your experience more. You certainly highlighted a few areas for us to look into and we look forward to making any necessary improvements. We hope you give us another chance if you return to Philadelphia.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for five days for a conference. I was really apprehensive based on quite a few negative reviews. The entire staff here was excellent! The room was good, but in need of upgrading. Hallways could use a more thorough cleaning. We did opt for the green choice, and did get coupons I used at Starbucks in the lobby, nice surprise. 20 minute walk to Reading Market, 5 minutes to Comcast Center, food court, etc. Parking is extra and pricey, but you are in a big city. Bed was very comfortable and easy to adjust temperature. I was able to have a quiet restful sleep all four nights. I would stay here again and would recommend it, but it really does need some attention to details.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Boombah49,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it is a value tool for improvement. The hotel will begin renovations of our guest rooms and corridors in the next few months and are very excited to have a vibrant new product for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope to connect with you again soon.

long island ny
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Hotel is in Down Town Philadelphia a good location. A beauitful church across the street,

The Hotel employees are very nice and always willing to help with your luggage and any other issues you may have,while you're staying with them. The front desk ladies that checked us in were bubbly and fun and very helpful.

The rooms:
We have stayed a few times here with little issues, I beleive they are doing minor upgrades so everytime we go back it 's gets better and better.It's a little pricy the place needs more work they offer goods monthly deals if you can get one on the dates that your staying with them. I like the place you can relax. It's usally packet due to all the High School and College Sports being held at the Down Town Area. The Hotel has a nice bar and breakfest area,

It's easy to get around at night time we usally leave the car parked in the garage and take a taxi to the restaurants we like to visit. "Parc" is our favorite-good for Mom and Dads night out ,again pricy for a young family, there is plenty of great regular priced places.

At night just be careful Philly has alot on homeless, we've had "no" issues.It a great little town lot's to do.

Room Tip: We ask for the lower floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear travelers61,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team, they are certainly our greatest asset. The hotel will begin renovations of our guest rooms and corridors in the next few months and are very excited to have a vibrant new product for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope to connect with you again soon.