“Don't look too closely!”

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
Ranked #55 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Family stayed here for one night while helping our Penn student move. (We got a much better price here than the Sheraton by campus.) Location is great, view is wonderful, lobby very attractive, front desk people very pleasant and helpful. Beds were comfortable and the room was attractive. However, the bathroom was not as clean as one would hope (drips down the doorframe and on the floor), the TP holder was broken (lying on the counter), mildew in the bathroom grout and the drapes in the room were missing one of those stick things to open them. I had to get on a chair to open the drapes! All minor inconveniences, but disappointing in a "nice" downtown hotel. Red Roof, yes, Sheraton, no. We would stay here again if the price was right, but someone with higher standards might want to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2008

My family stayed at this hotel for July 4th weekend. It was in an excellent loction for all siteseeing. Also, the rooms gave an excellent view of the city and the amazing fireworks. The meals we ate in the hotel were of the highest quality and taste for a very fair price. The staff in all departments were polite and professional. I would reccomend this hotel highly. We are DEFINATLY going back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2008

If I had given this Sheraton a grade on the first night of my visit it would have been 4-stars. The room was nicer than what I expected for a 3-star property and exceeded many of the reviews posted earlier (spacious, clean, etc.). The location was also convenient and the service was accommodating (i.e. – check in and Concierge). I had previously stayed at the Embassy Suites that is a block away (rated higher on Tripadvisor) and thought I had got a real bargain at the Sheraton (the Sheraton was $100 less a night). However the housekeeping staff made me rethink my rating on the second day/night of my stay. Though I was gone from my room for about 7 hours (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM) they failed to clean my room. Wanting to take a nap upon my return, I did not complain to the front desk (and have the room cleaning interfere with my plans). That plan did not turn out to work to perfection because I spent my “rest time” listening to the staff whoop it up in the hall.

In all this is a solid 3-star hotel that if they really cared, could raise the bar to 4-stars.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2008

I Will Never Go There again - They Stole From electronics from my Room!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank P_N_1977
sheraton-philly-cc, Guest Services Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2008

This guest was contacted after this comment was noted in order to follow up and to determine if we could provide assitance for the loss that was incurred. The guest has not responded to our contact.

Reviewed August 5, 2008

I stayed in the Sheraton on business for 2 days. The lobby was upscale and clean; however, the room was another story. The room smelled like cigarettes (even though it was a non-smoking room) and also smelled very musty. The furniture, carpets and walls were stained--the whole room was in serious need of some updating and a good cleaning. The linens, while clean, looked old and very washed/faded. Room service menu was very limited (and more expensive than normal), wireless internet was $9.95/day, parking was ridiculous at $30/day and the gym area was dirty and in disrepair. Additionally, someone tried to enter my room at 11 p.m. with a key and would have been successful had the deadbolt latch not been on. This person did not knock or identify themselves as a hotel employee, only stated "We had some calls about this room" (I had been reading) then quickly ran off after I started loudly asking what he was doing. Beware this hotel--stay elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Surfnrn1
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We were dismayed at the additional parking expense; parking costs $36 per night. There is no hot tub, bed skirts are dirty, internet cost $9.95 per day. Happy with location, love the views and comfort of beds. Wonderful reception & helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Did a last minute trip to Philly to celebrate a friends birthday. Total cost of room and flight booked 2 days before was $400. Sorry did not get pic s of room but the view was amazing. At night there is a building that lights up and changes its pattern every night. This hotel is all about location just minutes from Love Park, the market and the daily trolley to the various sites. I highly recommend buying a day pass for the trolley and just hopping on and off. The room was standard Sheraton nothing fancy no complaints. The hotel does have a Phillips Seafood resturant in house. The food was marginal and extremely over priced. Must go to south street for Jims steaks! If you are more interested in the arts scence stay at the Rittenhouse square location, closer to south street. You will see lots of ads for the restaurant Cuba Libre, it is worth it to go, beatuful little spot.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends