“Great Loaction Great Service”

Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Denver
“Great Loaction Great Service”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Booked this for its location close to museums. Was the right choice. Excellent service from bell staff, check in, and Club Lounge attendants. Comfy bed, adequate reading lights! As the temperature outside was near freezing, it would have been nice if the swimming pool had been warmer, and there had been a hot tub, or jetted tub in the room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Paul B, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear LordBowdon,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are always thrilled when an experienced traveler such as yourself leaves us such reassuring feedback. We hope to see you back in Philadelphia again soon!

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I had a FABULOUS experience at this hotel! Several staff members I came into contact with were overly kind, friendly and helpful. I placed some baby bottles in the club fridge overnight with my name. I found a typed letter in my room stating that they were keeping them at the front desk, and to simply call and they will bring the bottles to me. They ended up sending me a fridge, which I was grateful for. Amazing. I also left a plastic baby spoon at the breakfast buffet- an employee wrapped it nicely in a cloth napkin and chased us around the hotel to return it! Several employees randomly said hello to us, with big smiles. I do NOT feel that the hotel is "old", and in need of a makeover. I thought our room had fresh paint, modern wall hangings and furniture. Bed was comfortable, room was very clean. I would definitely return and recommend this hotel!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jennifer S
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are delighted your had such a great stay - we can always count on our team to make our guests more comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My son and I were in Philly for three nights to visit local colleges. The hotel was very nice, but most impressive was the service offered by Mary Mastrobuoni, the concierge who seemed to be at the desk at all hours. In our limited time, she came up with walking tours of the city that interested both me and my son, suggested museums and restaurants that we really enjoyed, informed us about the subway and which lines we should take when we ventured further afield, etc. She basically planned the free time in our days. Not only did we have a great time, we really felt like we got to know Philly. I've been in more expensive hotels where the concierges were not nearly as helpful. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: high floor facing Logan Square.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shelley R,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! Mary is truly one of our superstars and we look forward to recognizing her for another job well done. We can't wait to connect with you again soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I came to town for a fitness convention. Sheraton staff members Joan and John are awesome! They helped me book the appropriate room and helped me navigate where to eat in Philadelphia. The hotel rooms are clean but just a bit out dated. The service is 100 percent what you would expect in a five star hotel. Stay here, you won't be sorry!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kimberly V,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are glad that John and Joan were able to exceed your expectations, as you can see from other reviews they can often be seen making an impact! We hope to see you again next year.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

John and Joan at the front desk are awesome!!
The lobby has been spruced up since last year but the room is a wee bit tired looking. The bed was very comfy and the room was clean.
I was here for a convention and Joan and John made life so easy. A room upgrade, fabulous restaurant recommendations and tons of water for my roommate!
Thank you, thank you.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gay W
Dear Gay W,

Thnak you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We're thrilled that Joan and John were able to make such an impact on your stay and look forward to recognizing them. We hope to see you again next year!

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed 5 nights for a convention and was pleased with this standard business hotel near the convention center and the Ben Franklin Parkway. Spacious room but the bath as a bit tight. Nice appointments and large closet space, with a view of the city. Concierge level provided breakfast and great views of the well known arts institutions. It's within walking distance of most of those sites as well as the city hall, which is worth a visit too. Be sure to visit the Barnes Foundation which is such a unique resource for the city and is 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor for great views of the parkway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear dmohr14805,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are glad to hear you had such a pleasant stay! We look forward to hosting you in your future travels to Philadelphia.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed at this Sheraton for a few nights for a business trip. Although this hotel is close to downtown Philly, it's still much further away from other downtown Philly hotels. It's about a $6 cab ride to the convention centre from the Sheraton.

Overall, although the staff were all very solicitous and nice, this was not the kind of hotel experience I expect from a Sheraton. It is an old hotel. It needs a facelift. From the vanity in the washroom, to the elevators, to the carpet in the hallways, the entire hotel just needs a lift up. It's a tired looking Sheraton.

The room itself was nicely appointed and clean. The bed was comfy and housekeeping was great.
However, there were no early-check in rooms available when I got to the desk, so I ended up leaving my suitcase in a colleague's room for the day and then checked in later that night after dinner. Once I did finally get to my room I found that the light in the washroom only worked intermittently, and once on, liked to turn itself off randomly. Housekeeping was aware of this problem, as she knocked on my door the next day to ask if it was working any better.
If hotel staff were aware of the problem, then why did they use this room in the first place?

My stay was nothing compared to my colleague's, however. Her first room smelled like cigarette smoke, and she asked to switch to another room. Yet the room they switched her to didn't have any working hot water. After calling to the desk to send someone to fix it, she ended up using the shower in another one of our coworker's rooms just so we could get to our meeting in the morning!

There was a fire alarm that went off one evening as well - which certainly isn't the fault of the hotel, but still wasn't a nice experience.

I will say that the breakfast menu and breakfast buffet was great - good food, nice service and prompt. But the small coffee shop they have next to the breakfast area closes in the evening - so you can't even grab a snack in the evening.

I won't be staying at this Sheraton again. There are other, nicer, hotels in downtown Philly for the same overall price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Maxine L
Dear Maxine L,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team, they are certainly our greatest asset. We are dissapointed we missed the mark in a few othe areas and look forward to using your feedback to make any necessary improvements.