“Good Location and Great Service”

Ranked #51 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Good Location and Great Service”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

You can read other reviews on how the hotel is a bit old and outdated, but the service here is outstanding. I stay here for business and the staff is is great. They remember me and know my preferences.

For example: The woman at starbucks downstairs always have my coffee ready whenever she seems me in the morning.

I casually mentioned that it was my birthday and Dean Griffin and John Koss from the front desk really took care of me. They upgraded me to a jr. suite and also gave me a candy basket and wine. This whole experience definitely clinched my loyalty with this hotel and I will continue recommending it to my colleagues and friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Paul B, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Jenyi,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are always thrilled to get great marks from an experienced traveler like yourself. Thank you for mentioning Dean and John, they are two of our best! We hope that you return to Philadelphia again soon.

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After reading some reviews on other sites about the hotel being outdated and in a "dead" location, we were a bit worried but didn't want to spend $300 for a hotel stay. Needless to say, the hotel far exceeded our expectations. We thought it was in a perfect location. We walked to Rittenhouse Square, the Reading Terminal Market, and there were plenty of restaurants and bars close by. Train stops were close by, which was perfect for getting to the football game. Staff was excellent and helped us with directions and recommendations on local popular spots. We even had a gorgeous view of the city from our room! My only complaint was that a refrigerator would have been an extra $20. We usually prefer the Hilton Doubletree but both agreed that we'd definitely pick the Sheraton again!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Mg4hbg,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations. You'll find many other travelers agree with you about our great, central location. We can't wait to host you again when you return to Philadelphia.

Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My non-profit organization held a gala event at this hotel and it was WONDERFUL. The Senior Catering Director, Anthony Valente is the BEST. He was on top of everything, very helpful in making suggestions, worked with our budget, was professional, kind and efficient not only with staff but with our board and volunteers. I would recommend this hotel highly for its facilities and food. I also stayed overnight. The room was wonderful and the breakfast the next morning was delicious. Everyone I encountered at the hotel was professional and went out of their way (without seeming to) to make it an enjoyable and successful event.

Room Tip: I had a junior suite which was a lovely room but I believe the suites are all at the far end of the...
Dear Charlotte H,

Thank you for your outstanding review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are so glad that Anthony was able to make your event successful. Thank you for also mentioning our friendly staff and great food! We hope to connect with you again soon.

Dartmouth, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I will start by saying that I usually don't write reviews, but my experience at this hotel was phenomenal. I was there for a business conference, plus it was the week of my birthday. Shakera, the front desk attendant, was amazing. She was super professional and provided us with great service, value, and attention to detail. She's an asset to the Sheraton Hotel brand. We stayed on the 26th floor with an amazing view of all of Philly. The trip was made better by her, and the wonderful staff at this Sheraton hotel. Dean Griffin was also of major help, helping me check out and insuring that everything went smoothly during my conference. Everyone needs to stay at this hotel to experience Philly hospitality at its finest.

Dear Joshua P,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are so glad that the service is our team delighted you so much. Thank you for mentioning Shakeera and Dean, we will certainly make sure we recognize them! We hope to see you again soon!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here for four nights for the IACP Conference in October 2014.

Good location, a very easy walk to downtown, the conference centre & the art museum.

The public areas of the hotel are a little soulless, probably comes from the large atrium style of building.

Check in easy & friendly, and plenty of lifts.

My room was on the 26th Club floor & was pretty standard Sheraton, but smaller than I was expecting. Everything in the room worked fine.

The Club lounge was okay, reasonable breakfast, but disappointing that it was shut weekend evenings.

Restaurant breakfast & bar food were both okay, no more.

Dear Robh9999,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. It sounds like overall you really enjoyed yourself! We look forward to connecting with you next time you're on this side of the pond.

Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Downtown for a conference. We had a hospitality suite on the 23rd floor which had plenty of space and excellent views. The hotel staff was wonderful - friendly and helpful. Our stay started off with the very helpful Shakeera - the shopper! She was very helpful and had a wonder personality. The entire bell staff was great but we want to especially recognize Anthony and Shane. They did not wait for us to ask for anything - they were asking us what we needed and offering great suggestions. It was always a pleasure to see Mary at the concierge desk. She became our go to person when we needed something. If she couldn't do it - she would someone who could! And we had a wonderful room attendant, also Mary. She took care of us and made sure everything was ready for the day.
I have to say I was not looking forward to spending a week in Philadelphia but your hotel and your staff made it a pleasurable stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views of the city.
Dear Michelle B,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! Thank you for taking the time to mention our team members, they are certainly our greatest asset. We can't wait to connect with you again soon!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have always found Sheraton Hotels to have excellent customer service, and the Sheraton Hotel in Center City is no exception. Dean G.was polite, personable, and polished.
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I like the location of this hotel, it is within walking distance to the regional rail (SEPTA) and subway station (Suburban Station), the Philadelphia Art Museum, Franklin Institute, Barnes Museum, and Rodin Museum.
The fitness center is amazing: plenty of new cardio machines, weight machines, and an area with stability balls, etc. It's very clean and modern, and the pool is adjacent to the fitness center.
Only one complaint: the ice machines were not working on my floor or any other floors that i had checked- a small inconvenience.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to face the Ben Franklin Parkway- it is lovely to see at night.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Paul B, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Toadstool_Tillie,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! Thank you for recognizing Dean! We certainly recognize how fortunate we are to have him on our team. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location as well as Sheraton Fitness center! We have also ensure all of the ice machines are working properly, thank you for your feedback. We hope to connect with you again soon!