“This is a great hotel to stay at if you want to explore the museums and like to run.”

Ranked #50 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Squamish, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My first trip to Philadelphia so I really didn't know where I would be staying but could not have been at a better hotel. I like to run on my trips so this place was perfect. Right out the door and within seconds I can start my run at Logan Square. Heading out I run past the Barnes, Rodin, Museum of Art and then hit the river system. I headed out for a 4.5 mile run out and could have kept going. At the end of the run it was 9 miles along a beautiful trail system. The hotel is easily reached from the airport. The $8 fare on the Septa train drops you off on JFK and 17th. Walk three blocks and you are at the Sheraton. I pack light when I travel so this was perfect. When getting a room , try to get one facing north, and on the west side of the building. As high as possible. The church on the west side will block your view. On the east side has a building blocking your view till about the 20th floor.

The hotel lobby is clean and quite smart. For an older hotel it is quite nice, if you compare it to a new hotel you might think it isn't up to standard but I enjoyed staying here.
I would stay here again, the other hotels in the area you might consider is the Four Seasons, Embassy suites or Watermark. If want to explore more of the downtown core and don't run or like museums then you might want to stay near the convention center, the Marriot being one choice. The Reading Terminal Market is a great place to be close to, and the food choices in the Rittenhouse square(area) is great.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north west side have the best views. Otherwise above floor 20 north side is all good f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Paul B, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear sakology,

Thank you for your excellent review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We have plenty of runners on our team and we tend to agree with you; the location cannot be beat for getting some exercise! Even without exercising, our location is centeral to many businesses and tourist destinations. We hope to see you again soon in Philadelphia!

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a recent trip to Philly, and we had a great time! One of the friendliest and most knowledgeable staffs I have ever encountered! Both front desk agents at check-in/check-out we're great, and WONDERFUL concierges! On two different occasions we were given explicit directions and area informationsas well awesome restaurant suggestions. So helpful. Our room was on the 26th floor and had a spectacular view of Logan Square (they turned on the fountain today at Logan Circle). Spend the $$ for the club floor and you won't be disappointed with your room or the view - plus free drinks, food, breakfast and wi-fi in the 24 Hour club lounge.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lindsey A,

Thank you for your great review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We really appreciate your feedback on our team, we consider them the best in the city! Our views and location are also tough to be beat, and we are glad that you enjoyed them. We hope to connect with you again soon!

Spring Grove, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here over the past weekend, for the Desmoid Tumor Research Foundation event. It included meetings, a 5K run followed by a brunch in their rooftop banquet room.

Everything went smoothly with the meetings, and the rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Loved how they gave you shower gel and a puff!!

Anytime we needed a cab, they are lined up outside, and if they weren't, we never had to wait more than a few minutes, even on a busy Saturday night.

The brunch we had in the rooftop banquet room was very good. The food was fabulous and the views outstanding. I would def stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear city2country,

Thank you for your wonderful review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! It was our pleasure and privilege to host the Desmoid Tumor Research Foundation. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Every employee we dealt with was friendly and professional. The room was clean, there was actually an option to have clean sheets. Definitely worth the discounted price we paid. The location was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paul B, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear mg h,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback. As you mentioned, our staff is always eager to assist and ensure we are exceeding expectations. We hope to connect with you next time you return to Philadelphia.

Old Say
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Dean Griffin (front desk) helped to make our stay a memorable one. He welcomed us after a long day and was very personable and genuine. After answering all of our questions, he situated us in an upper floor room with great views of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia Art Museum, Franklin Institute, and more. Dean is an asset to the staff and a major reason we will stay at the Sheraton Downtown Philadelphia on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank S A
Dear S A,

Thank you for your stellar review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! Dean is a fine asset of this hotel and we recognize every day how fortunate we are to have him on our team. We will use your feedback to recognize Dean and encourage the rest of our team. We can't wait to connect with you again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed overnight here the night before running the Philadelphia Rock & Roll Half Marathon. Accommodations were comfortable, clean, and convenient, however...

Despite being a race partner, the hotel was not offering late check out. Their logic? Because of the race...okayyyy... don't quite see the customer service logic there, particularly since there were 100+ runners congregated in the lobby the morning of the race who I'm sure would have loved to have a few minutes to collect themselves post-race.

Since we were not anticipating finishing in time to walk back to the hotel before regular check out, we were forced to check out in the morning and check our bags with the concierge so we could pick them up afterward and find somewhere else to tidy ourselves up before driving home (fortunately, we had friends staying in the Home2 Suites a few blocks away who DID offer late check out, so we could shower and change). I know where I'm staying next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sara W,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We apologize that we were unable to accomodate each late check-out request; unfortunately in order to keep our obligations to other arriving guests, we are not always able to do so. We are always happy to host races and marathons; we hope you had an opportunity to enjoy the complimentary waters and fruit prepared especially for runners on Sunday morning.

Irvington, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at this location this past Saturday night 9/21 ... but the MAIN and most important reason I am writing this review (something I've never done before!) is because of ONE person. There are a lot of things I could say about my experience there .. not the accomodations necessarily, they were nice enough. I was from out of town and in a very difficult situation in terms of taking the wrong card to pay, for one ..I did have family who were more than willing to help me.. ie: wire me money,fill out the forms they required so that I could use their credit card, but for some reason none of these were acceptable to the Assitant Manager, Robert Esptein. I WILL give him credit for initially giving me the best rate he could... after that my experience with him went completely downhill. Its actually hard for me to understand how he is even in this position.(one that I believe is all about customer service) I cant say he spoke to me (he was actually speaking over me, it was almost impossible to get him to stop talking for even a moment, which I did request of him so that I could take a moment to breathe and calm through the already very stressful situation I was in, but he wouldn't and it made me even more stressed and upset. He was "speaking" in a raised, pressured and repetitive voice that was so upsetting...he actually then threatened to take away the rm he had promised..?? and I cant say I know why...tho he did seem annoyed that I wouldn't just "shut up" or had requested that he stopped talking for just enough time so that I could try to figure out a way to make this all work for me ... which brings me to the reason I AM writing this. There was a wonderful young man there named DEAN GRIFFIN..helping me ..he was 100% competent and had everything under control, but this Robert would just not stop and let DEAN who I was clearly comfortable with, felt very assured by as well as comforted by the very nature of his style and approach to a customer who was upset, scared, worried and just needed a little xtra TLC perhaps. In any case I would have to advise anyone who finds themselves in this downtown Sheraton and is in need of any kind of direction, support or compassion to PLEASE ask to speak with DEAN GRIFFIN ..This is the kind of person that clearly is made to be in a customer service profession and quite frankly I (personally) feel should be in a higher position..He took so much time with me...he was assuring that things would all work out and that he would do everything he could possibly do to help me.It was also clear that he was genuine and seemed to really care about how upset I was and the position I was in....If not for him I really would have felt truly alone...and the A Manager Robert Esptein would have given my promised rm away w/o a second thought.. I truly cannot say enough about the patience, compassion and kindness of this man DEAN GRIFFIN ..I will also be writing a letter to the same effect to his General Manager because people who go above and beyond (even if it is just part of their nature anyway) really deserve to be acknowledged for the service they provide and more importantly the way they just simply treat another human being....things things that may seem "small" or just "part of the job" are often the things that mean the VERY most. and in my case that is exactly what happened ..and it truly touched me. Thank You DEAN GRIFFIN ... for probably... just "being you", but it helped me and my experience in more ways than you can imagine and I just needed you to see it HERE as well as to let other people who may find themselves in similar positions that there are people (at least one) at this location that will be more than happy to help you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Scarlett0714,

Thank you for your review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! As you can see from many other reviews, Dean is committed to exceeding expectations. We are glad that he did the same in this case. We hope to see you if you return to Philadelphia in the future.