“Decent”

Ranked #51 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Decent”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Every employee we dealt with was friendly and professional. The room was clean, there was actually an option to have clean sheets. Definitely worth the discounted price we paid. The location was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paul B, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear mg h,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback. As you mentioned, our staff is always eager to assist and ensure we are exceeding expectations. We hope to connect with you next time you return to Philadelphia.

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Old Say
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Dean Griffin (front desk) helped to make our stay a memorable one. He welcomed us after a long day and was very personable and genuine. After answering all of our questions, he situated us in an upper floor room with great views of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia Art Museum, Franklin Institute, and more. Dean is an asset to the staff and a major reason we will stay at the Sheraton Downtown Philadelphia on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank S A
Dear S A,

Thank you for your stellar review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! Dean is a fine asset of this hotel and we recognize every day how fortunate we are to have him on our team. We will use your feedback to recognize Dean and encourage the rest of our team. We can't wait to connect with you again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed overnight here the night before running the Philadelphia Rock & Roll Half Marathon. Accommodations were comfortable, clean, and convenient, however...

Despite being a race partner, the hotel was not offering late check out. Their logic? Because of the race...okayyyy... don't quite see the customer service logic there, particularly since there were 100+ runners congregated in the lobby the morning of the race who I'm sure would have loved to have a few minutes to collect themselves post-race.

Since we were not anticipating finishing in time to walk back to the hotel before regular check out, we were forced to check out in the morning and check our bags with the concierge so we could pick them up afterward and find somewhere else to tidy ourselves up before driving home (fortunately, we had friends staying in the Home2 Suites a few blocks away who DID offer late check out, so we could shower and change). I know where I'm staying next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sara W,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We apologize that we were unable to accomodate each late check-out request; unfortunately in order to keep our obligations to other arriving guests, we are not always able to do so. We are always happy to host races and marathons; we hope you had an opportunity to enjoy the complimentary waters and fruit prepared especially for runners on Sunday morning.

Irvington, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at this location this past Saturday night 9/21 ... but the MAIN and most important reason I am writing this review (something I've never done before!) is because of ONE person. There are a lot of things I could say about my experience there .. not the accomodations necessarily, they were nice enough. I was from out of town and in a very difficult situation in terms of taking the wrong card to pay, for one ..I did have family who were more than willing to help me.. ie: wire me money,fill out the forms they required so that I could use their credit card, but for some reason none of these were acceptable to the Assitant Manager, Robert Esptein. I WILL give him credit for initially giving me the best rate he could... after that my experience with him went completely downhill. Its actually hard for me to understand how he is even in this position.(one that I believe is all about customer service) I cant say he spoke to me (he was actually speaking over me, it was almost impossible to get him to stop talking for even a moment, which I did request of him so that I could take a moment to breathe and calm through the already very stressful situation I was in, but he wouldn't and it made me even more stressed and upset. He was "speaking" in a raised, pressured and repetitive voice that was so upsetting...he actually then threatened to take away the rm he had promised..?? and I cant say I know why...tho he did seem annoyed that I wouldn't just "shut up" or had requested that he stopped talking for just enough time so that I could try to figure out a way to make this all work for me ... which brings me to the reason I AM writing this. There was a wonderful young man there named DEAN GRIFFIN..helping me ..he was 100% competent and had everything under control, but this Robert would just not stop and let DEAN who I was clearly comfortable with, felt very assured by as well as comforted by the very nature of his style and approach to a customer who was upset, scared, worried and just needed a little xtra TLC perhaps. In any case I would have to advise anyone who finds themselves in this downtown Sheraton and is in need of any kind of direction, support or compassion to PLEASE ask to speak with DEAN GRIFFIN ..This is the kind of person that clearly is made to be in a customer service profession and quite frankly I (personally) feel should be in a higher position..He took so much time with me...he was assuring that things would all work out and that he would do everything he could possibly do to help me.It was also clear that he was genuine and seemed to really care about how upset I was and the position I was in....If not for him I really would have felt truly alone...and the A Manager Robert Esptein would have given my promised rm away w/o a second thought.. I truly cannot say enough about the patience, compassion and kindness of this man DEAN GRIFFIN ..I will also be writing a letter to the same effect to his General Manager because people who go above and beyond (even if it is just part of their nature anyway) really deserve to be acknowledged for the service they provide and more importantly the way they just simply treat another human being....things things that may seem "small" or just "part of the job" are often the things that mean the VERY most. and in my case that is exactly what happened ..and it truly touched me. Thank You DEAN GRIFFIN ... for probably... just "being you", but it helped me and my experience in more ways than you can imagine and I just needed you to see it HERE as well as to let other people who may find themselves in similar positions that there are people (at least one) at this location that will be more than happy to help you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Scarlett0714,

Thank you for your review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! As you can see from many other reviews, Dean is committed to exceeding expectations. We are glad that he did the same in this case. We hope to see you if you return to Philadelphia in the future.

Irvine, California
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. It was convenient to downtown attractions, restaurants. The room was very nice and large. It was very comfortable The staff was professional and courteous. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sam B,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are glad that you had such a great stay. Thank you for pointing out many of the factors that make us a wonderful selection in Philadelphia. We hope to connect with you again soon!

Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed September 22, 2013

love this hotel! Walking distance to the city center, nice staff (especially Shakera!) that makes you feel at home. Large rooms, nice and clean. Big TV and good Wi-Fi reception, which is critical if you're on business travel.
I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom V
Dear Tom V,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! On top of the great location and amenities you mentioned, we are also very proud to have a wonderful staff. Thank you for recognizing Shakera, she is one of our finest team members. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The room in the Sheraton was extremely clean and spacious. It is within walking distance from many restaurants and shops. On weekends the hotel parking lot fee was $20 with in/out privileges. The only downfalls of the hotel are the lack of a mini fridge in the room and the fee to use the hotel wifi. Despite these minor issues, I would definitely stay here again as it was well worth the price.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vince S
Dear Vincent S,

Thank you for your review on the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are glad that you were so happy overall. We do offer free internet options in the lobby as well as at The Link @ Sheraton. We hope to see you again soon if you return to Philadelphia.