“Great localtion, nice services”

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great localtion, nice services”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I spent one night there. I would say that that night is one of the busiest night in Philly. It was on the graduation weekend, University of Pennsylvania. The hotel was full. I saw a line with 50 people waiting for checking out the next day. If you do not need a hard copy of your bill, you may just leave. They will send you a detail bill via email. It saves you time.

I would say that the hotel location is super, within walking distance to Philadelphia Art Museum, The Barnes Foundation, and Independent Hall; it is also a couple blocks from the Pennsylvania Convention Center.

Lunge is good, but breakfast is very sample. I did not use the hotel facilities very much. I can’t say how are they. I can say that the self-parking is under the hotel building. It is very convenient to park there.

Room Tip: the hotel location is super, within walking distance to Philadelphia Art Museum, The Barnes Foundati...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. You are right we do offer folios via email. As a part of our go Green imitative we no longer put folios under guest doors. We hope you are able to come back to Philadelphia to enjoys more of our restaurants and museums.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I haven't stayed at a Sheraton in quite a while because my last experience with this chain was so unpleasant I vowed to never again- it was the service (or complete lack of it) that we had issue with. The hotel is clean, our room was not outdated as some have complained, not sure if there has been a renovation but furnishings were very nice. Desk staff at check-in were cheerful and professional, smiling and friendly. Gift shop clerk not so much (though she may not even be employed by hotel), and person who helped us at check-out had a face made of stone and was very uninterested. And then we got to our car in the parking garage and realized that our credit card was billed not just for parking but also for our 2 night stay, which had already been paid MONTHS earlier. So we visited yet another person at the desk (whose demeanor was much more appropriate might I add), who resolved the situation as quickly as she could and did apologize. I guess it's just hit or miss with the staff here.
The location is ok, a bit more of a walk to Old City and Reading Terminal Market than I would have cared for, but still doable with comfortable shoes. Did not eat in either restaurant here, but was pleasantly surprised by the hours the pool was open (5:30am-10:00pm). If you don't want to hear kids running past your room constantly though, don't let them put you on the 3rd floor. Also, we had returned to room so that my husband could take a nap when housekeeping was in our wing and figured we would be making our own bed and calling for clean towels, however when we returned to our room we were surprised to see that they had returned to clean up. And a note on the parking- self parking on the weekends is only 20 a night for hotel guests in a secure lot with direct access to hotel.
Would I stay here again? Maybe if my preferred hotels were booked. But not for the nearly 300 dollars a night we paid.

Room Tip: If you are visiting without kids do not stay on the 3rd floor where the pool is located.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review. We appreciate you giving us your overall thoughts on our hotel. We do use these reviews as teachable moments for our team members. We will be looking into having all of our team members giving the same level of hospitality.
Storm Lake, Iowa
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Was staying here for a conference and was told the rate would be a lot cheaper and they charged me more than they said over the phone. Sheets were stained, and when i ordered room service they brought me the wrong thing and it was cold and charged me 67 bucks for a sandwhich. When I tried talking to them about it I was ignored and treated poorly by two girls at the front desk. When I got online with them i was given some points for my trouble...... i dont want points i want it taken off my bill not points to stay here again!

Staff is rude and snotty

3 Thank Abby M
Thank you for your review. I am not sure what conference you were here for. I would like for you to get in contact with the Manager on Duty, so that we can make the food issue right. We can be reached at 215-448-2000. I hope that we hear from you soon.
Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel should be 2 stars at best. The rooms (and most of the hotel) are dark and musty. Air conditioner blew mold and dirt all over the bed. Stains everyonwhere in the carpet and linens. Toilet cut on and off all night. Remote was broken. Housekeeping did not restock anything during my stay.

I have never been in a hotel were you could hear everything like you could here. Even though I was on the 10th floor I could hear the construction and freeway like they were only inches away. You could also hear every little noise in the halls.

I will never stay here again.

2 Thank Jennifer M
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is regrettable that your stay was not a pleasant one. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight area of improvement. It is troubling to me that your stay was not satisfactory at all. I would like you to contact me so we can discuss this matter further. I can be reached at 215-448-2000.
Houston, texas, USA
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,739 helpful votes
Reviewed May 20, 2013

While this hotel may not be quite four stars in terms of rooms and common areas it exceeded my expectations. We arrived around two on Friday and were promptly checked in despite the hotel being sold out for a medical convention. The desk staff was friendly and efficient as were all the staff I encountered during my brief stay. The location, a short block from Logan Square, is perfect if your going to the Barnes as we were, or indeed most of the big museums in town.

I read a lot about how expensive parking at the hotel was but did it any way and was surprised that checking in on Friday the rate was only $20, not bad for a garage in the heart of the city and offering in and out privileges. Not only was the price less than I anticipated this was one of those underground garages that is NOT all tight turns, narrow lanes and tiny spaces.

Our room was ordinary Sheraton quality but the gym was nice and we had a bit of a view out over the square and toward the big art museum. All and all it was a good Sheraton in a good location with an above average staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jsthouston
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. We will pass along your compliments to our team members. On behalf of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, thank you.
West Point, New York
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Concierge Mary Mastrobuoni offered the most professional service I have ever received at a hotel. She was extremely friendly and helpful and was just the beginning of the warm hospitality I received from the hotel staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tommymdaniel
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Having stayed in this hotel for a week, I got to know it pretty well. It's ok. It's actually pretty average. If you are in town for a convention, try and stay in the Lowes or the Marriott for ease of access. It's actually about a 10 minute walk from the convention centre. Its also a little tired, in another few years, it's going to need an overhaul.

I stayed on the 25th floor, Club Level. The lounge for club level guests had 2 screaming children, one hassled waiter and cereal, juice and mess everywhere. Not exactly the business lounge I had expected,

The staff are fine. They don't have the same finesse as the staff in the Marriott or other hotels I've used. I asked for some items to be dropped to rooms for guests and this took at least 5 minutes of explaining. It's a pretty standard service for a business hotel. I was also told to get the room numbers myself and give them to the bell man.

The breakfast is basic. It's really not impressive and the breakfast area is right there in the lobby so all the people walking around are pretty much watching you!

It's ok location wise, not outstanding on service but its still perfectly fine for groups that aren't demanding. Note; they charge $50 PER CONNECTION for meeting room wifi. Outrageous!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We hope that you had a successful business trip. We will look at our short comings so that we are able to out finesse those other properties that you have mentioned. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to hospitable to you.