I haven't stayed at a Sheraton in quite a while because my last experience with this chain was so unpleasant I vowed to never again- it was the service (or complete lack of it) that we had issue with. The hotel is clean, our room was not outdated as some have complained, not sure if there has been a renovation but furnishings were very nice. Desk staff at check-in were cheerful and professional, smiling and friendly. Gift shop clerk not so much (though she may not even be employed by hotel), and person who helped us at check-out had a face made of stone and was very uninterested. And then we got to our car in the parking garage and realized that our credit card was billed not just for parking but also for our 2 night stay, which had already been paid MONTHS earlier. So we visited yet another person at the desk (whose demeanor was much more appropriate might I add), who resolved the situation as quickly as she could and did apologize. I guess it's just hit or miss with the staff here.
The location is ok, a bit more of a walk to Old City and Reading Terminal Market than I would have cared for, but still doable with comfortable shoes. Did not eat in either restaurant here, but was pleasantly surprised by the hours the pool was open (5:30am-10:00pm). If you don't want to hear kids running past your room constantly though, don't let them put you on the 3rd floor. Also, we had returned to room so that my husband could take a nap when housekeeping was in our wing and figured we would be making our own bed and calling for clean towels, however when we returned to our room we were surprised to see that they had returned to clean up. And a note on the parking- self parking on the weekends is only 20 a night for hotel guests in a secure lot with direct access to hotel.
Would I stay here again? Maybe if my preferred hotels were booked. But not for the nearly 300 dollars a night we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown hotel is near the Franklin Institute, the Convention Center, and many corporations. We have 757 guest rooms, free wifi, and 38 meeting rooms/58,000 sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton City Center Hotel
- Philadelphia Sheraton