“Great business hotel”

Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great business hotel”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good location and Sheila particularly made everything smooth, friendly and efficient. Easy downtown location and 20 mins from the airport by taxi.
For a late night arrival, check in was very quick and friendly, even though I had a slightly different room, it was all hanled professionally

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. We will pass along your compliments to our team members. On behalf of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, thank you for choosing us.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 27, 2013

When I was staying in the hotel, there was a Model UN contest for high school students hosted by UPenn there, so the hotel was very crowded. The elevators were crazily busy, and the lobby was just as noisy as a farmers market. However, I didn't feel messy, which was a good thing about the hotel. It's located close to City Hall and Chinatown within walking distance. It felt safe at night, so location is not a problem at all.

The reason why I don't give it 4 points is that the room is just so outdated. Well, I have to admit that I haven't seen a Sheraton that is NOT old. The carpet can be much cleaner, and the lock on the door isn't working very smoothly, which kind of scared me when I checked out. I think if it can get a major face life thoroughly, the hotel can be a pretty good choice if you stay in downtown Philly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
PhilipMarcano, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your patients during a very busy time at our hotel. We are in the process of updating our public areas. We know that in order to keep our guests happy that we need to make some changes. If you are ever in the Philadelphia area please come and see what changes we had made to our facility.
Haymarket, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Mary Mastrobuoni, the Concierge at the Downtown Sheraton, is probably the best concierge I have ever worked with (and I travel extensively)!!! She was diligent, patient, thorough, effective, and extremely helpful! In the middle of restaurant week, she managed to get us a last minute reservation for 11 people at a super great italian restaurant (Saloon) in south philly. She spent hours researching and dialing down restaurants for us - well over 30! She took care of every customer as if they were her only customer that day... and restaurant staff from across the city knew her by name - a sign of a great concierge.

Greg and Joe - the bell crew were also fabulous!!! From helping us with our bags, to getting us taxis, to service with a smile... they made us feel welcome and well cared for. They were wonderful - top notch!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Perfect location to get the most out of Philly, and the hotel itself was very nice. What took the cake for us was the amazing hotel staff, particular Toni Glover-Brown at the front desk. Everyone we came across was incredibly helpful and made us feel right at home - thanks for everything!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

On a recent visit on a business trip to Philly, I needed to print out a few color copies for a meeting with a potential client.

To this southern boy, it was a thousand degrees below, and, amazingly the wind chill was certainly below absolute zero!

I reluctantly inquired at the concierge desk where the nearest place was that I could get the copies made. Mary M, the concierge on duty politely asked why I needed to go there. I explained, and she said she could take care of it. I emailed her the document, and presto, copies appeared from upstairs. Instead of a trek worthy of an arctic adventurist such as the renowned Sir Ranulph Finnes (yes, those Finnes), I enjoyed a very good Philly cheesesteak at the lobby restaurant!

Thanks, Mary.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. Mary is also from the South. South Philadelphia to be exact. She has a way of wowing each and every guest that she has a pleasure of meeting. On behalf of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, thank you for choosing us.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend during a big conference for what appeared to be college aged people. I was in town from Syracuse to watch the Syracuse/Villanova game on Sunday. Rooms are adequate, location is good. However, it snowed in Philadelphia on Friday. The people there for the most part did a good job plowing and salting. Later, at night, when I tried to get a cab, I was told by Francis, a bellman, that "its too cold" and he couldnt get me one. Eventually someone else got me one. But imagine, "no i cant do it, its too cold". I was very taken aback. Aside from that, an overall good stay

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review. On behalf of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown please accept our sincerest apologies. It seems that more than the weather was cold. You definitely shouldn’t have to experience that sort of customer service from our staff. I would like you to rest assure that this incident will not be taken lightly. I was happy to hear that someone picked up the ball that was dropped earlier by our bellman. In the spirit of hospitality, please accept our apology.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a great stay at the Sheraton, We had a great room on the 24th floor with impressive views of the city. Parking was $20, the location was terrific and within walking distance to many attractions. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank gunston
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. We are centrally located near most of the museums in Philadelphia. On behalf of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, thank you for choosing us.