This hotel is every bit as bad as some of the reviewers have said. In fact, I think it is even worse. We checked in earlier today, and I immediately called and asked for a refrigerator to keep medication cold. This was at 1 pm. We returned to the room at 6:30 and still no refrigerator. After several more phone calls, it was finally delivered at 7:30 pm. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I called again (it is now 8:45) and they tell me they have no more and will have to send an engineer tomorrow. We also just noticed that there is absolutely no soap in the room at all. Upon arrival, we found someone's sweater lieing on the bed (we returned it to guest services) and also found a dirty towel in the bathroom). There is also about a quarter roll of toilet tissue and no spares. We are on the SPG floor and I would have expected more. By the way, the club lounge is closed on weekends. I went to the desk to ask if they could recommend a place close by for a light breakfast (we are not entitled to the buffet and I really don't want a big breakfast) and they said there is no place close by. My husband is running the marathon tomorrow morning so I am on my own, and alot of the roads around the area will be closed, so taking a taxi might be difficult. Last time he ran the marathon four years ago we stayed at the Sheraton Rittenhouse Square, and even though it was not the host hotel for the marathon, it was a far superior experience. We will never stay here again. By the way, I see what the reviewer who commented about the nausea from the bumpy elevator meant. It was extremely bumpy and in fact it even stopped once on the ninth floor and the doors never opened. We all looked at each other with a bit of panic. Finally, we pushed some buttons and it started to move again. Oh, and valet parking is now $34 and self park is $25. We did find the $5 lot across the street but you must remove your car by 9 am, or be charged an hourly rate which would bring it to around $25 by noon.
By the way, we did have a wonderful dinner at La Fonda Cucina on 8th Street. It is a small family owned restaurant, BYOB, and the service and food were both impeccable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown hotel is near the Franklin Institute, the Convention Center, and many corporations. We have 757 guest rooms, free wifi, and 38 meeting rooms/58,000 sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton City Center Hotel
- Philadelphia Sheraton