“Mmmmm!!!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I sit here in Reading Terminal as the taste still lingers in my mouth and I had to write a review. We got the pork with the sweet peppers... And all I have to say is Wow.... Just wow. It did blow away the cheesesteak I had a few days ago. I didn't get the broccoli on it because I prefer peppers. The provolone is just an amazing compliment to the super tender and flavorful pork. So worth it! Short fast line on a Monday at 1pm. Getting the highest rank from me!

2  Thank Csvi
There are newer reviews for Tommy DiNic's

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Grabbed a hand carved Pulled Pork sandwich on my way out of the Philly based mostly on rave reviews of the place. They say to get the pulled pork for the bigger chunks and the fact that it is more juicy. Long story short I got a pulled pork with sweet peppers and sharp provolone. After traveling home and an extra night in my fridge, I decided to tackle this beast. I microwaved the sandwich for 45 seconds and dug in. While the sharp provolone was a little too strong for me, everything else on the sandwich was great. The pork was flavorful and still moist, the peppers were perfect and the bread was still great. Ordering was a snap, the staff was friendly and the line moved very fast. Not sure if the few negative reviews are legit or not but for me, this place lived up to the hype. Will absolutely return to Tommy Dinic's next time I am in Philly!

2  Thank f2f1993
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

It's the best. We check into the hotel and go straight to DiNic's each time. Do not be decided by the line. It moves quickly. We had always gone with the traditional pork sandwich with provolone or with broccoli rabe. For the first time, I tried the italian pulled pork with broccoli rabe. Ah-mazing. Why did I wait so long? It was juicy and flavorful. The broccoli rabe only adds to the flavor. It keeps it moist and doesn't over power the pork. Next on my list is the sausage.

2  Thank Gina B
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here many times in the past years and have not been disappointed ...lines are long but go very fast.

1  Thank Phillysailer
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I'm from North Carolina and we take our pork sandwiches very seriously. For me to say the roast pork sandwich might have been the best I've ever eaten is treading on some very sacred ground.

But- yummy yummy- even if you've never had broccoli raab - try it anyway- you won't be sorry! ( but I always eat my pork Sammie's with slaw)