“Don't Share This Sandwich!”
Review of Tommy DiNic's

Tommy DiNic's
Ranked #22 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Located in the busy Reading Market, Tommy DiNic's is the best place to stop for a meal. There is limited seating at the site but there are tables and chairs placed here and there around the marketplace. Both times I have been, we have been able to sit at the bar and I would suggest waiting because watching the guys make the sandwiches and listening to their conversation is really fun. The first time we went, we had pork sandwiches with greens and provolone and it was the best! Until Tommy himself came by to give us a sample of the brisket! OMG. If I hadn't already been full, I would have ordered a second sandwich! I thought about that brisket for TWO YEARS so when we finally made it back to Philly in late December, I ordered a brisket sandwich, only to be told that the brisket was sold-out! Lesson to be learned: go early in the day if you want brisket! So I ordered the roast beef with brocoli rabe and provolone instead. My only regret is that my husband and I shared one sandwich! I would have been too full to eat a whole but I could have taken it with me for later! Though I enjoyed the roast beef, I liked the pork bette. But NEXT time, I'll bet the brisket!

1  Thank barbara2248

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The roast pork sandwich beats the cheesesteaks hands down. It's incredibly juicy and the sharp provolone gives it a great contrast. This is a must stop when in the city even though there will probably be a line. I'm sure glad we did.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had to have lunch here because there was a noticeable 'buzz' compared to other places in the Market. Found a seat easily and ordered the traditional Italian pulled pork sandwich with greens. I am normally a low carb-veggie person, and this was totally worth the splurge! Delectable pork, crisp-tender broccoli rabe and perfect bread.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Inside Reading Terminal Market we liked the pulled pork and roast pork with the broccoli rabe. Delish!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great roast pork sandwich with all the wonderful fixings. My wife & I had the wonderful opportunity to eat this amazing creation. This is a must-do when you are in Philadelphia.