“EXCELLENT SANDWICHES”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We walked around Reading Terminal Market for a while before my boyfriend insisted on Dinic's. I wasn't very thrilled because the line was long and I knew I liked more condiments on a sandwich. Nevertheless, we waited in line (which was handled very well by the way --you order while waiting and it's ready by the time you get to the register to pay), then we found a table where we could sit down and eat. He got the Pulled Pork with Provolone & Broccoli Rob, I got the Roast Beef w/ provolone. Now, they had pepperoncini peppers and [I believe] horseradish sauce on the counter. But it was waaaay too crowded to get to these condiments. I was wonderfully surprised when we started eating --my sandwich was amazing, even without the condiments, the juices well make up for it. I preferred my sandwich over his and would have liked pepperoncini on it. But over all, it was the highlight of our trip to RTM!

There are newer reviews for Tommy DiNic's

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband had to talk me into eating here for lunch. It just look like a regular sandwich booth to me. Seating was limited so we opted to get ours to go and eat in our room. I must admit it was worth it. We got a roast beef with cheese. I wish we had more time in town because I would love to try another sandwich.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Tommy DiNic's for lunch – “Italian-style pulled pork” with strong provolone cheese plus a diet coke, good and very tasty for US$12. (The accompanying broccoli didn’t taste so good) my recommendation is keep it simple – order just a meat and cheese sandwich – probably not what your doctor would recommend but you only live once. This is fast food, good service, delicious at a fair price. Sitting at the bar it was interesting to watch while eating.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Yes DiNics has a good, very-close to great sandwich that a lot of people rave about if you can get one. In town on Business hit the market that is open till 6pm at 5:05pm and all the napkin holders are pulled off the counter and the staff is in full cleanup mode. It seems to me that they had made enough money for the day and do not need or even want mine. Go across the way to Hershel's the meat is awesome and they are happy to take your money right up till 6pm.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was over in Philly for 2 months working at a summer camp from the UK. Spotted Dinics on MvF and found the Reading Terminal Market. Out of all of the vendors there Dinics was the only one with a big queue so it must be the best.

Had the pork and provalone sandwich and it was by far the best sandwich I have ever had! Well worth every cent of $10! I was tempted to buy more to take back with me!