“Worth the Short Wait”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The line goes around the restaurant but it moves fast and it is worth the wait. Try the pork sandwich. Amazing.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Oh dear. I don't want to be mean, they seemed nice people, but really? Why all the amazing reviews? I'm truly puzzled. If I didn't know better I'd think I'd ended up at the wrong place. I had the roast pork sandwich and was very disapointed. There was hardly any flavour (how can you even achieve that with roast pork?) and in the end I resorted to loading it with hot peppers just so I could finish it. Look - it wasn't horrible - but it wasn't great. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is located inside the Reading Terminal Market. It's a famous sandwich place that was on the show Man vs. Food. I don't think I've ever had a better sandwich anywhere & I've eaten lots of Philly cheesesteaks. Roast pork with broccoli rabe & sharp provolone is what I've gotten every time & it NEVER disappoints.

1  Thank Nicole I
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The roast pork with provolone and RAPINI (say "broccoli rabe" in Italy and prepare to get laughed at) is a delicious sandwich. Worth the wait, and the crowded setting for sure. I visit every time in Philly - and get the same thing. I put it 2nd or 3rd on my favorite sandwich list, after the Yardbird in Detroit (which took 2nd after DiNic's on Travel Channel) and probably Jims Steaks, also in Philly. Don't miss it!!

1  Thank MatteoLC
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I don't know how this happened, but for some reason I reviewed the entire Reading Terminal instead of just this place all by itself. Anyway, here is what I wrote on Tripadvisor about DINICS and not the entire Reading Terminal:

very simple: get in line; when prompted, ask for a pork sandwich (honestly, it does not even matter if you get the ROAST pork or the PULLED pork- they are both heavenly), get broccoli rabe (even if you don't like broccoli, just trust me on that one..) and sharp provalone. Then, go find a seat, open your mouth and thank that guy who wrote this review on Tripadvisor for suggesting to eat this (aka me!!). If you happen to not like this sandwich proceed immediately to the nearest doctor's office and ask if taste bud implants have been invented yet, because there is obviously something wrong with the ones you have!!!!!!

1  Thank Olif_10