“Off my diet!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Staying in Phiily for the weekend we thought we would try the famous pulled pork sandwich at the Reading Terminal. The Reading Terminal is a great spot, high energy place with so many choices.
But we decided to eat at Dinic's and try the great reviewed pulled pork. We knew there would be a line, no problem we even got a seat while we waited. Very fast service with very friendly hard working staff. My husband wouldn't split the large sandwich so I got the pulled pork with provolone and sweet peppers and he had the same but with broccoli rabe. I am sorry to say I was disappointed in the sandwich. It was not as great as I expected. The taste was good, the bread was good but the sandwich was a little dry. My husband liked his a little more than I liked mine but he wasn't blown away by it. Oh well, all those calories and not a great sandwich.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I ordered the roast pork with the broccoli rabe (a MUST addition to the sandwich). It was unlike any sandwich I've ever tried. It was super rich with the meat and the hunks of cheese but the broccoli rabe cuts through that with a bit of a crunch. My sister claims it's the best sandwich she ever ate, and better than a philly. It's not the best sandwich I've ever eaten, but it's up there. you must go.

1  Thank wanderwoman33
Reviewed March 11, 2013

DiNic's is one of the fine examples of why the Reading Terminal Market is a MUST stop when visiting Philly!!! The pulled pork sandwich some would say can easily replace the cheese steak for a must have sandwich in Philly. All I know for sure is that a sandwich from DiNic's joined with the atmosphere of the Market is something everyone should try.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

If your in Philly you have to go to Reading Terminal Market and eat a roast pork at DiNic's. It will be one of the best sandwhichs you've ever eaten. I suggest you add the broccoli rob and htoo and sweet peppers..the combination with the pork makes the sandwhich go from good to great. The line is extremely long, but moves very quick.

1  Thank CompactTraveler22
Reviewed March 1, 2013

its alright, not worth the hour wait though....there is always a mile long lineup since the place was featured on man vs food.... as i said, worth a try but i wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Been to Tommy DiNic's? Share your experiences!