“Pull up a stool and enjoy!”
Review of Tommy DiNic's

Tommy DiNic's
Ranked #27 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center East
La Quinta, California
“Pull up a stool and enjoy!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Saw this place on Man vs. Food and was impressed. Had the Roast Pork sandwich and was blown away. Delicous!!

Visited November 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Holy cow.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My boss ate here when he visited on business and told me I had to go. He was so right that I bought him a t-shirt to thank him for the recommendation. (And not at all as a way to suck up to my boss)

Seriously, I did not eat a Philly cheesesteak sandwich while in PA, but I did eat here. If I never get another chance to have a Philly in Philly I will not regret my choice.

Visited October 2012
Honolulu
“Excellent sandwich!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had one of the famous award winning sandwiches while in Philly. It WAS excellent. The service was quick since I was there early. Although the lines can get pretty lengthy at peak lunch and dinner hours.

Visited September 2012
Davie, Florida
“The best sandwich I ever ate!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went to Philly and planned on a Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Yes, the Florida girl wanted to experience Philly for what it was none for, besides the Liberty Bell and the rest of history! Well The roast pork, sharp provolone, broccoli rabe sandwich made history for me. It was by far the best sandwich I had ever had. Pork is always hit or miss, too dry, too fatty. But DiNic's pork is most, lean and delicious! Pass on the philly and have the pork! Worth the drive to Pa just for the sandwich!

• Visited October 2012
Halifax
“Great sandwich. Short wait. ”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I'm not going to get caught up in the debate as to whether or not this is America's best sandwich. It's a bold statement that sets itself up to inevitably let down impossibly high expectations. That said, IMO DiNic's roast pork with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe sandwich is fantastic and well worth trying.
I was in Philly on a 61/2 hour layover from an overseas flight, so decided to take the train into the city to explore. (A very easy task that is worth the effort fellow travelers - if you should find yourself in a similar situation). I'd never been to Reading Terminal Market (where DiNic's is located) which in itself is worth the trip. A great place to wander around, bustling with people and food of all types. The line didn't appear to be too long, so I joined it. A tip I learned shortly after lining up - a lot of people are lining up to take out. When a seat becomes available at the counter that surrounds the 'kitchen' have a seat and a server will take your order right away. It was mid Saturday afternoon and I was seated and ordered within about 4mins even though the line carried on.
Service was friendly and very fast. Listen to what others are ordering while you're in line and have your order ready... Some of the servers are impatient, though kind of endearingly so.
The sandwich arrived and was bigger than I'd expected and at $8.50 a great value i thought - Loaded with VERY juicy tender pork, a nice sharp provolone and delicious, garlic laced broccoli rabe. Where I've read others' complaints about the bitterness of the rabe, I thought it added a fantastic depth to the flavor when mixed with the garlic and the sweetness of the pork. I was astounded by the bread's ability to remain intact with the amount of juice in the sandwich. Only the inner layer seemed to sponge it up, while the outside kept a nice chewy texture.

To sum up - don't expect the impossible, just a delicious sandwich and a fun experience, and I'm quite certain you'll love it.