“Pork sandwich”

Neighborhood: City Center East
Downingtown, PA
“Pork sandwich”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Harmed about DiNics's from a friend and was not disappointed. Even though the line was long, it was worth the wait. The pulled pork was to die for. Great taste and the bread was very goog. If you go to Reading Terminal Market make a stop at DiNics's. You won't be disappointed.

Regina, Canada
“The Best? I beg to differ.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had heard that this place had America's best sandwich. While I do admit that that title is tough to live up to for anyone, a person does expect a certain level of quality given that this place isn't shy about reminding folks about being crowned the best.

I asked for the sandwich that made them famous, and sure enough, it was brought to me after a short wait. It should be noted that I skipped the long line by lucking out and grabbing a seat at the counter. The pork was a little dry, but fresh. The cheese was spot on and the broccoli rabe was fine. Contents were wrapped in a decent bun, dipped in juice.

All in all, the sandwich was OK, just OK. In fact, I think I could easily make the same or better at home. The weird thing was that I spent a week in Philly and ate sandwiches from four different places. This one ranked third. I even had one at the Linc that was a little tastier.

It is sure worth a try, and the value and service were fine. In sum, I was underwhelmed by the whole experience.

• Visited September 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“This is the best sandwich in America”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Growing up in the Philly area, every visitor mentions the Philly Cheesesteak and often I will take them to one of my fav places. However, I always tell them that there is a better sandwich in the city and that is the Italian Pork. There are plenty of places to get a good Italian Pork, DiNic's is clearly the best.

• Visited October 2012
“Good, but best sandwich in America? Hmmmnnn......”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had to visit DiNic's after reading all the reviews and hearing Adam Richman's raves. I know tastes are subjective and the roast pork with broccoli rabe was good; however, I've had some of the other challengers and can't rank this with the New Orlean Po Boy, the Tampa media noche or any Primanti. Still, Tommy Dinic's is worth the time and the money for a tasty and filling man-sized sandwich. Also, I had read about the long lines. Maybe I was just lucky but walked right up for a late lunch on a Friday and got a seat at the bar, no problem. And the great thing is, with DiNic's being located in Reading Terminal Market, if you are a major chowhound traveling with a lesser carnivore like my bride, there are all manner of other offerings they can enjoy while you endulge with in-your-face meat. Check it out and judge for yourself.

• Visited October 2012
Totowa, New Jersey
“The best....”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been coming to Dinic's for years and things have not changed. The Italian style pulled pork, fresh greens, perfectly cut sharp provolone on soft bread (Im actually drooling) is what i would want for my last meal if I was ever on Death Row. The other sandwiches are tasty as well and made with love.

Sure the line could be a bit long at times but good things come to those who wait!

• Visited August 2012