“Fabulous Hotel!”

Chestnut Hill Hotel
Ranked #18 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We planned our wedding with the Chestnut Hill Hotel, and spent months working with Tardu regarding logistics. He offered tremendous customer service, and the staff was lovely to all of our guests throughout the weekend. The Carriage House and Post Office also offer gorgeous, luxurious hideaways for the wedding party. Love this place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is nice hotel in quiet area. :Prices were so high in the city center, we were happy to find this hotel. Small, quaint. The train station is walking distance and many shops. Breakfast is fine, nice to be included in price. We did have a situation with the heat, don't know the real story but was given a discount on the room. Were told two differant stories as the why our room did not have heat. For the most part, it's fine.

Room Tip: My Mom said room on the street was noisy, our room wasn't but then we didn't have any heat...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a great alternative to the mainline hotels downtown. Here is a small, beautifully appointed inn in the midst of historic Chestnut Hill.
Rooms are very accommodating.....you are wired for Internet, etc.
Breakfast is the best I've enjoyed anywhere......except maybe at Mom's.
This is not the first nor the last time we have and will stay at the Chestnut Hill Hotel. Be careful, however, they did miss my morning wake up call........their bad!!!!

Room Tip: New addition...the Post Office Building.....the king sized bed was absolutely great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chuck1980_74
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times over the years and the service has never been the same. While the staff at the desk was always willing to work with us and help us with our situation, those wonderful workers are no longer there anymore! They gave us a discounted rate for each of our visits, and every time there was a problem with the room they were sure to fix it! There was an instance when I came back to the room late at night and found my belongings to have been moved, and there were strangers in my room!

All of those hassles were worth dealing with because we were getting a really good rate, but now that those employees are gone, there is no record of why we were receiving it and we have to pay full price like everybody else. Apparently you have to be on some sort of special VIP list which is reserved for frequent fliers of the hotel for travelers that are there a certain amount of days per month. Having to pay almost double what we've been paying for almost two years doesn't quite make it worth it anymore, especially when you factor in all the hassle that we've put up with. I would much rather stay somewhere in the city, which is much closer to where we need to be everyday anyway.

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Sara S
Reviewed March 4, 2013

After spending a long night for the Chinese New Year Celebration with the staff at Cin Cin, I decided to stay at the hotel versus making the half hour drive home. At 2 AM I fully expected to be greated by somoene that was as tired as I was, BUT, I met a charming lady who could not have been more accomodating. With proximity card in hand, I retreated to the third floor while taking in all the really neat pictures and decorations during my short ride up the elevator. I was unsure what to expect, but as I opened the door I was greated with the warmth of being in my own home, only better. It was stone quiet and the bed swallowed me up as I don't even recall wanting to fall asleep, I just did in a big hurry. I love the powder blue light in the bathroom as it was just enough to provide a suttle guide to the room, if the need arose during the night. The little creak in the wodden floor added a great touch to what was a superb stay. Brunch in the morning was just the ticket as it prepared me to tour The Hill, for the first time as a tourist. Great renovations, great accomodation and an incredibly pleasant lady that made the stay perfect. Top shelf all the way, could not even think of anything to change. I will return !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wayne J
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was our first trip to Chestnut Hill. After our visit to the Barnes Foundation and dinner in the city, it was a short drive to the Chestnut Hill Hotel. Our room in the Carriage House had a gas fireplace and my wife enjoyed the whirlpool tub. We also slept comfortably in the king size bed. In the morning, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and walked the main strip, which had many unique shops. We plan to visit Chestnut Hill again to try a local restaurant and tour the nearby Woodmere Art museum.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This restored and updated old hotel is in a wonderful, quiet area with shops and restaurants. There are few options to stay in this area of Philadelphia, and this offers a great option. the staff is friendly, rooms are clean and updated -- and they are not cookie-cutter rooms. The free breakfast is very substantial and served with fine china.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business