We just returned from a one night stay in the post office annex. I read a lot of reviews before going and now I see how they come together. This is a small, boutique hotel with fashionable, even quirky decor. We drove into Center City Philadelphia, which took about 30 minutes. The neighborhood was pretty and felt safe.
The Post Office Annex looks recently remodeled as do the public spaces. (I didn't see any other rooms.) The room had 2 queen beds and a kitchenette. It was retro modern, which was fun in a Mad Men kind of way.
Brittany and Nina were both very friendly and helpful.
I thought the bed was really comfortable, but my husband did not.
High end toiletries. Well stocked kitchenette. Marble bathroom.
Nice area. Farmer's market and restaurants looked appealing.Pretty flowers.
Only one person working the desk at a time. Had a hard time getting through on the phone. Long wait to have question answered.
Had to seek out staff for bowls and plates at breakfast. Breakfast offerings nice but very limited. (There weren't very many guests at breakfast. Perhaps putting out more would have been wasteful?)
Could hear traffic going by all night. Did not hear neighbors. I imagine it was quieter than being downtown.
The room was very hot when we checked in around 6:30 pm. 86 degrees! The hall was hot too. It took a while to cool the room down.
The room felt a little small. All of the furniture was petite, apartment-sized. The features were all space saving, which just emphasized the tight quarters.
The bathroom was lovely, but the floor of the tub appeared dirty. It could be that it was as clean as it could get. There was a little pink mildew in the shower.
I would stay there again. My "cons" were minor and were more a product of it being a small hotel. Overall it was a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale boutique hotel located in the Northwestern section of Philadelphia featuring 36 deluxe accommodations and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Chestnut Hill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chestnut Hill Philadelphia
- Chestnut Hill Hotel Philadelphia
- Hotel Chestnut Hill