“Rip-Off Warning”

Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #44 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The room was o.k. the staff was good, however I arrived late and bought 2 beer and a lean cuisine meal in the pantry. The tap $21.00, that is right. $7.50 for the yuengling, $6.50 for the Coors light, and $7.00 for a lean cuisine frozen meal. Since they do not advertise the pricing in the pantry, shame on me for not asking for the pricing.
After that tap, any taste for this hotel clearly disappeared.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank GA T
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you ver much for taking the time to respond. We do apologize if our pricing structure for our Market Pantry is higher than you anticipated. We do have a pricing tier located in the Market but perhaps it went unnoticed. We do hope that this will not keep you from visiting us again.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I come up from Texas every year to catch a Flyers hockey game, and to see the annual Flyers Wives Carnival (they let you meet the players and get things signed by them). I've done it 3 times now, and I hope to continue to make it an annual tradition.... (I just returned from my trip yesterday, in fact).

During each of these 3 times I have made the trek so far, I have stayed at this particular hotel. I have really enjoyed it each and every time, and I plan to stay at this location again next year.

When I checked in last week, the woman at the front desk even remembered me from last year. She even asked if I was there for hockey again. I told her how much I enjoyed staying at this location, and that I was back again.

The hotel is just a few minutes from the airport, and approximately 10 minutes or so from the Wells Fargo Center (via taxi ride). Very convenient! There is also a shuttle that will take you back and forth to the airport when necessary. And, they helped me out by calling me a taxi anytime I needed one.

I was given a room upgrade when I arrived - so that was extremely nice. And, all the staff at the hotel were very polite and helpful during my entire time there.

Unfortunately, on my 2nd to last day there - I pulled a muscle very badly in my back for some weird reason, and I could barely move by the end of that day. I went up to the front desk a few times, and they were very polite when helping me with my requests for some ice (in a bag). I went and got ice from them several times, in fact. Each time, there were very nice and even asked me how I was doing.

As I was leaving the hotel yesterday, one of the maids saw me struggling when I was pulling my suitcase down the hallway (as I was kind of hunched over). She came over and helped me by bringing my suitcase and bag to the front desk area. The shuttle driver was also nice enough to load it for me, and to bring it into the check-in area of the airport, since I could barely stand up straight.

I am stuck at home today, because of my back. But, I wanted to take the time to thank everyone there and write a review explaining how nice the experience was at their hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JWalker1000
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about our team. We are happy that you are one of the family and that we were able to be there for you during your injury. Please be sure to let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better next year!

Thanks again!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a great deal that this property offers... as we had an early flight out of PHL. Spend the night and a nominal parking fee is added on to the room rate... and your car stays in their secure lot while you go play. BTW, even though it was five degrees there was a security guard making the rounds through the lot.

This is a standard Courtyard built towards business travelers. It has the same professional and friendly staff that every Marriott property seems to have. As you can see by the comments to the previous posts... management is involved in the operations of their property. BTW, the drivers of their courtesy vans were especially pleasant... even at 4 a.m. when we were leaving for the airport.

It's a nice way to start a vacation... and we took advantage of having a night out in Philadelphia. We'd even stay here if our flight wasn't leaving at the crack of dawn.

Room Tip: You can stay cheaper, but you can't stay better for one night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hokie67
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

It's great to hear that you utilized our park n fly option at the property. I love that you enjoyed yourself prior to embarking on a vacation. I hope you enjoyed that time as much as you did while you stayed wih us.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed here before an Eagles game and I have no complaints about the service. Although I was early the staff went out of their way to make sure I was able to check in immediately. Front desk also gave me some brochures for ordering food to the room and their recommendation was excellent. Everyone in the front desk was friendly and helpful. The Bistro has limited hours so I never went there. My room was spacious and extremely clean. The bed was comfortable. I have only two complaints -- it had recently snowed and no one cleared the path between the front door and the handicap parking spots so I was forced to use the driveway. Nearly broke something when I slipped on black ice -- such a stupid thing to let go. Also, the front desk called a taxi for me to go to the game but did not (and I guess I should have asked) tell me the correct price. Driver refused to put meter on and I know I got beat for an extra $10. Can't blame staff entirely but it was a cab that they called.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. I am sincerely sorry that we didn't have the handicap spot cleared at the time of your departure. We had a team working for 36 hours straight removing snow from the property and this was not overlooked on purpose.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We got stuck at the PA airport for an extra 2 days coming back from New Years trip. Very frustrated we couldn't get out after many hours waiting at airport. Ended up at this property when all options of getting out ended. Pricey but the staff worked very hard in an effort to accommodate our needs. Bistro staff worked extremely hard in the morning to keep breakfast crowd moving through. Front Desk was very personable. Great amenities in lobby area to print boarding passes and get on the web to find out flight status, etc. Shuttle drivers helpful and knew where we needed to go. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you so much for the comments you wrote. I'm so glad that my staff was able to turn a bad situation into something a little more bearable.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on December 9th before our flight to Punta Cana we took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel the driver was very friendly. The room was nice and clean which is a plus they have a Bistro but it's a little pricey so the shuttle took us to Ruby Tuesday's we walked back that's how close they are which was nice overall this is nice place just for a overnight stay.

Stayed: December 2013
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a comment regarding my hotel. I'm very pleased to hear that my shuttle driver was hospitable.