“Third time here”

Ranked #45 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
College Station, Texas
“Third time here”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I come up from Texas every year to catch a Flyers hockey game, and to see the annual Flyers Wives Carnival (they let you meet the players and get things signed by them). I've done it 3 times now, and I hope to continue to make it an annual tradition.... (I just returned from my trip yesterday, in fact).

During each of these 3 times I have made the trek so far, I have stayed at this particular hotel. I have really enjoyed it each and every time, and I plan to stay at this location again next year.

When I checked in last week, the woman at the front desk even remembered me from last year. She even asked if I was there for hockey again. I told her how much I enjoyed staying at this location, and that I was back again.

The hotel is just a few minutes from the airport, and approximately 10 minutes or so from the Wells Fargo Center (via taxi ride). Very convenient! There is also a shuttle that will take you back and forth to the airport when necessary. And, they helped me out by calling me a taxi anytime I needed one.

I was given a room upgrade when I arrived - so that was extremely nice. And, all the staff at the hotel were very polite and helpful during my entire time there.

Unfortunately, on my 2nd to last day there - I pulled a muscle very badly in my back for some weird reason, and I could barely move by the end of that day. I went up to the front desk a few times, and they were very polite when helping me with my requests for some ice (in a bag). I went and got ice from them several times, in fact. Each time, there were very nice and even asked me how I was doing.

As I was leaving the hotel yesterday, one of the maids saw me struggling when I was pulling my suitcase down the hallway (as I was kind of hunched over). She came over and helped me by bringing my suitcase and bag to the front desk area. The shuttle driver was also nice enough to load it for me, and to bring it into the check-in area of the airport, since I could barely stand up straight.

I am stuck at home today, because of my back. But, I wanted to take the time to thank everyone there and write a review explaining how nice the experience was at their hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JWalker1000
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our team. We are happy that you are one of the family and that we were able to be there for you during your injury. Please be sure to let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better next year!

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chestertown, Maryland
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a great deal that this property offers... as we had an early flight out of PHL. Spend the night and a nominal parking fee is added on to the room rate... and your car stays in their secure lot while you go play. BTW, even though it was five degrees there was a security guard making the rounds through the lot.

This is a standard Courtyard built towards business travelers. It has the same professional and friendly staff that every Marriott property seems to have. As you can see by the comments to the previous posts... management is involved in the operations of their property. BTW, the drivers of their courtesy vans were especially pleasant... even at 4 a.m. when we were leaving for the airport.

It's a nice way to start a vacation... and we took advantage of having a night out in Philadelphia. We'd even stay here if our flight wasn't leaving at the crack of dawn.

Room Tip: You can stay cheaper, but you can't stay better for one night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hokie67
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
It's great to hear that you utilized our park n fly option at the property. I love that you enjoyed yourself prior to embarking on a vacation. I hope you enjoyed that time as much as you did while you stayed wih us.
staten island new york
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed here before an Eagles game and I have no complaints about the service. Although I was early the staff went out of their way to make sure I was able to check in immediately. Front desk also gave me some brochures for ordering food to the room and their recommendation was excellent. Everyone in the front desk was friendly and helpful. The Bistro has limited hours so I never went there. My room was spacious and extremely clean. The bed was comfortable. I have only two complaints -- it had recently snowed and no one cleared the path between the front door and the handicap parking spots so I was forced to use the driveway. Nearly broke something when I slipped on black ice -- such a stupid thing to let go. Also, the front desk called a taxi for me to go to the game but did not (and I guess I should have asked) tell me the correct price. Driver refused to put meter on and I know I got beat for an extra $10. Can't blame staff entirely but it was a cab that they called.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. I am sincerely sorry that we didn't have the handicap spot cleared at the time of your departure. We had a team working for 36 hours straight removing snow from the property and this was not overlooked on purpose.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We got stuck at the PA airport for an extra 2 days coming back from New Years trip. Very frustrated we couldn't get out after many hours waiting at airport. Ended up at this property when all options of getting out ended. Pricey but the staff worked very hard in an effort to accommodate our needs. Bistro staff worked extremely hard in the morning to keep breakfast crowd moving through. Front Desk was very personable. Great amenities in lobby area to print boarding passes and get on the web to find out flight status, etc. Shuttle drivers helpful and knew where we needed to go. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the comments you wrote. I'm so glad that my staff was able to turn a bad situation into something a little more bearable.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on December 9th before our flight to Punta Cana we took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel the driver was very friendly. The room was nice and clean which is a plus they have a Bistro but it's a little pricey so the shuttle took us to Ruby Tuesday's we walked back that's how close they are which was nice overall this is nice place just for a overnight stay.

Stayed December 2013
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a comment regarding my hotel. I'm very pleased to hear that my shuttle driver was hospitable.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at this property for the 2013 Army/Navy game. Having been in Philly many years for the game, we decided this year to stay near the airport. I made the reservations in April and "touched base" with them on occassion to make sure we were all still a "go".

I have ZERO complaints about our stay there and I am SO glad I made our reservations here!! Be sure to call them before your arrival for their shuttle to pick you up from the airport. EVERY member of their staff (did you see that EVERY SINGLE ONE!) was kind, professional, and courteous. Even when we brought outside food in and were about to sit down in their food/bar area, the young lady POLITELY told me that we couldn't bring outside food in and sit in that area but we could go over to the other side of the lobby. I mean....she was so nice about it!!! THEN....with all the comings and goings, I left my small purse (you know those tiny ones you can only take in to NFL stadiums?) down in the lobby for HOURS...they called me to tell me and when I retrieved it.....EVERYTHING was still there.....i.d's....credit cards....cash. It had been discovered by a member of their staff who promptly turned it in to the reception area. WHAT A BLESSING!!!! Took the free shuttle back to the airport the next morning. SO CONVENIENT!!! This property has nicer rooms than the ones we had stayed in downtown before, is safe, and has a great staff!!!! One piece of advice for Army/Navy families: our mid was there with his car which we used to get to the stadium. I am not sure how you would get there and back without a vehicle.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
That is such a great comment to leave. Thank you so much for your feedback.
Mainz, Germany
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, after flying to PHL airport and before taking our connection flight.
The hotel is a few minutes' drive from the airport, and has a shuttle which is very convenient – although you should be aware that if you decide to take a taxi you might have a problem – since most of the airport taxi drivers don’t like to take such a short drive…

There is nothing much around the hotel, and if you want something to eat, you will find it difficult to find any good choice. There is a "bistro" in the hotel, but I didn’t think the limited opening hours, variety of food and prices being far from desirable. I decided to walk to a restaurant Ruby Tuesdays and they had reasonable prices for food. For example a beer is 7.50 and at Ruby Tuesdays it cost about 4.50.

They have a small gym and the pool area is nice

I believe most people will choose to stay at this hotel because of its proximity to the airport – and this is the reason I stayed there

I would say that this is an average Marriott hotel – size of room, cleaning, services. The Front desk people were excetionally nice and even wrote me a personalized note thanking me for staying. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank stbunco
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay.