“Great overnight stay before early flight”

Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #43 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property the night before a 6:40am departure. Check in and check out were smooth, the decor and room were modern. We ate sandwiches and a flatbread from their little restaurant, and all were good. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We did not have any issues with noise. The 24 hour shuttle runs every half hour, so we had no problem getting to the airport by 5am. My only complaint is that most hotels have some amenities at the desk if you forget something, but something they didn't have was contact solution. Not a big deal, but something that might be a good idea to have small bottles of in the future. Overall a good stay, would stay again before flying out of Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Some first floor rooms open onto a cute little courtyard with tables if you want to sit outside.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you very much for commenting on the hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed there one Saturday night and the room was clean and well equipt with the usual stuff. I was surprised that there was no mini bar or refrigerator but the lobby had a well stocked store for snacks and drinks that seemed to be 24/7. Breakfast was not included but the prices were reasonable and the food was more than acceptable. The breakfast staff were very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments! We truly appreciate the comments. We are so glad that you were able to find your needs at our 24 hour Market. Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

First time staying at this location and was happy i did. Recently renovated and it looked nice, like most Courtyards. Staying so close to the airport, worried about airplane noise, and it was NOT an issue at all. Very quiet rooms, comfortable beds. I only ate breakfast on property, but it was good. Very pleasant stay, would recommend and stay again myself.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great comments regarding our staff and your experience. While we are very close to the airport, we are not close enough for plane noise. Thank you for pointing that out!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

With Courtyards looking more and more the same with their new lobby designs, I look for differences in staff quality to make my stays unique. This was a good one. I got there about 9:00 after a very long day & didn't have transportation to find someplace to eat dinner. The kitchen was closing, but they stayed open too accommodate me. And it was done cheerfully - no reluctance shown. I would have been one unhappy camper to not have eaten, but not only did I get something, the quality was good!

Breakfast was as good, but I do think that Courtyard is overpricing the simple breakfasts they offer. This time I was locked into eating on property, but would recommend looking offsite for a better value.

The front desk folks were just as helpful and made for a stay that I would repeat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. I am very happy to hear that we stayed open to help accomodate you. We take staff service VERY seriously and I am happy that we stayed true to our nature. :)

Also, thank you for your feeback regarding the Bistro prices, they are pretty standard but we do appreciate your comments regarding price.

Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place has been recently renovated, and as other reviewers have mentioned, it's very good, reliable, quality. Rooms are well sound-proofed. We heard no airplane noise. Beds are comfortable, restaurant food is quite good, but expensive. Front desk staff are pleasant, and the restaurant staff are equally attentive. I would not hesitate to stay here again. BTW - if your going to the stadiums (as we were), this is a very convenient place to stay - just a quick 3-4 miles up 95 North. No city traffic to contend with.

Room Tip: The runway rooms can be interesting for those who like to watch planes.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We don't have runway rooms and were not recently renovated. I believe you stayed at the Airport Marriott and not the Courtyard but we are happy to know you were pleased with our sister property.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visit Phildelphia once or twice a year for pleasure. I chose this hotel because I was able to get a weekend rate of less than $120.00 a night with my AAA membership. I was pleasantly surprised by the great welcome by "Abe". My room was a little small, but very clean and very comfortable. The entire hotel was very clean. I had very pleasant interactions with the Security staff and a couple of Housekeepers. The entire hotel staff was very friendly and always had a smile and a pleasant greeting. Unfortunately, I did not have an opportunity to check out the Bistro because I wanted to visit some of my favorite resturants in Philadelphia. This was my first experience at a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel. I will definitely be returning here within the next couple of months.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We are very happy that you had a great stay with us. Do come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here while attending a wedding for good friends so our stay was brief but we can tell you about our stay and what we liked.
From the moment we stepped inside, the concierge was helpful, friendly and professional. She asked for our reservation name and confirmed our room amenities then gave us directions to our room after giving her a cars for incidental charges. That's pretty standard stuff . The elevator was quick with very little jerkiness and it was clean and well lit. The room is very clean, roomy enough and very comfy. The king bed was outstanding uncomfortable but we like supportive and cozy beds. Some might call it hard. These are not by comparison to ours at home. We both slept extremely well and soundly. The pillows are small by regular standard but suited our heads just fine. There were varying densities in the pillows which was nice. You could choose a more firm pillow if you liked or keep it soft and malleable. Quiet room and the tv pulls out and angles for with soda or bedtime viewing. Very nice feature . Our room 200, overlooked the courtyard leading the the pool and breakfast area. Pleasant view from the second floor window.
Plenty of desk and clothing space ( which we didn't really need) great ability to adjust the thermostat on the wall. Nice granite in the changing area/ coffee station. Very clean and bright bathrooms. Breakfast and wifi was included in our stay and it was a bargain. We suggest doing that if you can. Our total came to $28 so it was worth it for us. Not so much if you just want a muffin and coffee . It isn't an extensive menu but it will certainly do the trick.
Tv viewing area in the lounge separate from a quieter space is offered and for those needing airport info, there are monitors on the wall giving current flight info. Oh and you can print out boarding passes too. That was nice. We didn't need it but again, a nice feature included.
Enjoy your stay. We did and would absolutely return to this friendly and clean hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! Do ome back and visit us again soon!!!