“Good Airport Hotel”

Ranked #46 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Great Falls, VA
“Good Airport Hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place has been recently renovated, and as other reviewers have mentioned, it's very good, reliable, quality. Rooms are well sound-proofed. We heard no airplane noise. Beds are comfortable, restaurant food is quite good, but expensive. Front desk staff are pleasant, and the restaurant staff are equally attentive. I would not hesitate to stay here again. BTW - if your going to the stadiums (as we were), this is a very convenient place to stay - just a quick 3-4 miles up 95 North. No city traffic to contend with.

Room Tip: The runway rooms can be interesting for those who like to watch planes.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We don't have runway rooms and were not recently renovated. I believe you stayed at the Airport Marriott and not the Courtyard but we are happy to know you were pleased with our sister property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beltsville, MD
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visit Phildelphia once or twice a year for pleasure. I chose this hotel because I was able to get a weekend rate of less than $120.00 a night with my AAA membership. I was pleasantly surprised by the great welcome by "Abe". My room was a little small, but very clean and very comfortable. The entire hotel was very clean. I had very pleasant interactions with the Security staff and a couple of Housekeepers. The entire hotel staff was very friendly and always had a smile and a pleasant greeting. Unfortunately, I did not have an opportunity to check out the Bistro because I wanted to visit some of my favorite resturants in Philadelphia. This was my first experience at a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel. I will definitely be returning here within the next couple of months.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We are very happy that you had a great stay with us. Do come back and visit us again soon.
Pennsylvania...Abington Township
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here while attending a wedding for good friends so our stay was brief but we can tell you about our stay and what we liked.
From the moment we stepped inside, the concierge was helpful, friendly and professional. She asked for our reservation name and confirmed our room amenities then gave us directions to our room after giving her a cars for incidental charges. That's pretty standard stuff . The elevator was quick with very little jerkiness and it was clean and well lit. The room is very clean, roomy enough and very comfy. The king bed was outstanding uncomfortable but we like supportive and cozy beds. Some might call it hard. These are not by comparison to ours at home. We both slept extremely well and soundly. The pillows are small by regular standard but suited our heads just fine. There were varying densities in the pillows which was nice. You could choose a more firm pillow if you liked or keep it soft and malleable. Quiet room and the tv pulls out and angles for with soda or bedtime viewing. Very nice feature . Our room 200, overlooked the courtyard leading the the pool and breakfast area. Pleasant view from the second floor window.
Plenty of desk and clothing space ( which we didn't really need) great ability to adjust the thermostat on the wall. Nice granite in the changing area/ coffee station. Very clean and bright bathrooms. Breakfast and wifi was included in our stay and it was a bargain. We suggest doing that if you can. Our total came to $28 so it was worth it for us. Not so much if you just want a muffin and coffee . It isn't an extensive menu but it will certainly do the trick.
Tv viewing area in the lounge separate from a quieter space is offered and for those needing airport info, there are monitors on the wall giving current flight info. Oh and you can print out boarding passes too. That was nice. We didn't need it but again, a nice feature included.
Enjoy your stay. We did and would absolutely return to this friendly and clean hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! Do ome back and visit us again soon!!!
Washington DC
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is what you might expect from a Marriott Courtyard. The rooms are a bit small... they are clean. The lobby is redone and has the cafe bar and food. Friendly staff as well. The only thing that struck me was a very strong odor of some sort, perhaps a disinfectant or cleaning agent on our floor and in our room. Not sure what it was... There was an odd homemade sign in the spa/pool area that asked visitors not to swim in the pool if they have diarrhea which we found amusing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your comments. I truly to appreciate your feedback. I can say that the sign in the pool was not left by my staff but I thank you for telling me about it.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The front desk staff at this hotel was exceptional. I was most amazed that they were keeping an eye on their email at midnight the night we arrived. Cellular telephone service was out in their area so it took an email from global Marriot guest services to alert the hotel we needed to be picked up at the airport. Not only were they paying attention, 30 minutes later we were checked in by a cheerful team member. This exceptional service continued throughout our four day stay.

The beds were comfortable, the internet service fast, the shower adequate, the room was clean enough and the ammenities were as expected.

The hotel shuttle picks up and drops off at both the airport and the Eastwick public train station. This was very convenient as this was both a business and a pleasure trip for me.

The only issues we experienced at this hotel was with the Bistrol food services. Let's just say that it didn't matter when or what we ordered, either the food was terrible or the service was terrible or both.

I do want to shout out to the front desk staff and the shuttle drivers at this hotel - thank you again for your friendly, exceptional service. I travel a lot and I can honestly say that your services were the best I've encountered.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GeekyGirlTraveler
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel! We are so pleased that you appreciate the exceptional service provided by our staff. I am however; disappointed about your Bistro experience. I thank you for the feedback, I will address these comments immediately!
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We travel back to Phila several times a year for family visits. We booked because of the price and found that the location allows us easy access to center city, S. Phila restaurants, stadiums, S Jersey and the burbs. The lobby has the new upgrade with bistro. The rooms aren't huge but are well kept and the grounds are spotless. It is next to the airport but there is no plane noise. Great staff and good on-site security. We were there during the Penn Relays and the place was booked, but we never felt crowded, and the front desk crew handled it without a hitch. The teams stayed here because the train runs from center city to a stop less than a block away on it trip to and from the airport. This is a great , comfortable spot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank willyv
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am very glad that we are your new "Go To" hotel. :)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here as I always stay at Marriott and was trying to save my company money. It is easy in and out-reasonably priced and the staff is very kind. I had a rental car-so it is easy to park. Not much out here to do and the food options are limited-but it is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I'm very glad that you enjoyed your problem free stay!