“Decent room near the airport”

Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #46 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We have stayed at this Courtyard and next door at the Fairfield Inn for quick trips to sporting events. The first room we were assigned had not yet been cleaned, so we were given an upgraded room. The larger room was nice; definitely nicer than our initial assignment, but there were still some cosmetic issues with the room. At the time we stayed, it was evident that this hotel sees a LOT of customers. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Be aware that there isn't much in this area that's within walking distance other than one or two chain restaurants and a convenience store. If you are planning on seeing any of the sites in Philadelphia, you'll be driving to get there. That being said, it's a very simple drive to the Wells Fargo Center/Lincoln Financial Field.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking your personal time to write a review. While it is disappointing to hear that you were checked in to a room that was not ready, I am delighted to hear that you were upgraded in to a larger room that was nice and satisfying. I appreciate that you mentioned the staff was friendly and helpful during your stay and that the hotel was convenient for your trip. We hope to see you on another visit if you are in Philadelphia again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room, a king bed room, was fair. the a/c worked well! the hallways always had trash in them and man o man the drunks on the Saturday night we were there were awful! It was close to a gas station (wawa) there was not much else around but other hotels. The desk clerk was nice, but we asked for a microwave which showed up magically in our room the night before we left, so didn't do us much good. We got a good deal on priceline but I am not sure I would pay full price for this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you taking your personal time to provide detailed feedback regarding your stay. We are glad to hear that your room was clean and the a/c worked well. I apologize for other guest returning to the hotel in that manner and that a microwave was not available immediatly at check in. We work hard to ensure all of our guest are safe and secure and that we have amenities available.
Thank you and enjoy your day!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Came in for a quick visit to Philadelphia. Received a pre-stay e mail from the GM of this property introducing herself and offering any assistance. I took her up on that and asked about shuttle service from Philly airport. She promptly responded. Got in around midnite and called the hotel as directed. Waited less than 5 minutes for the van pickup. Driver was helpful when I asked about the airport railline service into center city. There is a station less than 1/2 mile from the hotel. I chose to walk but you can have the shuttle fdrop you off. WHile it was after midnite, the front desk was attentive and quickly provided a room. The lobby has been updated like many of the Courtyards with the counter service restaurant, touch screen monitor for weather, news, etc. Good look. Didn't use the fitness room, but from a previous stay I ran in the adjacent business park which offered low traffic, flat roads that allowed a few laps to equal a couple miles. The room itself was well lit, had good blackout shades, at least a 42" LG flat screen, cheap radio/alarm. Convenience and value makes this a repeat location for me. PS, I don't beleive the photo shown in Trip Advisor is the actual hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your observations and stay at the Philadelphia Airport Courtyard. We truly appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your service was efficient. We look forward to you returning for a future stay.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was great as my daughter had a 7 am flight! We drove from nj and the ladies at the check in desk were wonderful! They told us to go to ruby tuesadays 1 block away to grab a bite to eat! Had a quick bite to eat in the am at the bistro and off she went! Staff was wonderful! Place was very clean! Wake up call was on time what more could you ask for! Very close to airport!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback regarding the hotel and the staff. We are pleased to hear that you had an Excellent stay. We thank you for staying and hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Checked in on a Saturday evening after flying from Anchorage. Looked forward to a peaceful evening before the next day's drive to New York. Little did I know that I was checking into party central. A large group of young men (10-15) came spilling out of one of the back doors of the hotel while I was getting my luggage out of the car, obviously drunk, yelling, cursing, etc, and they collected in the parking lot, doing what drunken young men do. As I hauled my bag up the stairwell just by the door, I came across a few more guys from the same group, as well as a couple making out. The guys outside began yelling at the top of their lungs at their friend inside, encouraging him to score big. A group of young girls (aged 9-12?) was roaming the halls: they weren't terribly rowdy, but they were completely unsupervised, and being young kids, they couldn't help but make noise. Who knows where there mother's were (earlier I had seen the girls and their mothers at the indoor pool, with the security guard). And that was all within the first five minutes of checking in and getting my bags to the room.

I found out while checking in that they have regular problems with partiers on the weekend (a stack of anti-party notices was laying on the counter at check-in, and a discussion with the girl that checked me made me suspect the hotel had a problem). I ended up calling the front desk and I told them to check me out. They offered to send security but it was pointless: I didn't want to have to worry about calling the front desk ever 15 minutes because of rowdiness. I spent a night there the week before, and it wasn't bad, but the Saturday afternoon fiasco was pathetic. I will not be back. FWIW, I have Marriott Platinum status.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed March 2012. On travel for business in the city. The week we were there, week of the 11th, there was a flower/plant convention if you will but we did not see it as it was over but rooms still booked so could not find a room in town that would honor the special rate for work. The hotel connects to the train that takes you to the city. Front desk can help with schedules and times. Never been on a city train before. There are signs that tell you to pretty much sit down and shut up! Does make for a peaceful ride for sure. Business days were long so did not use pool or other facilities. Did use restaurant. It was very good, little expensive. Good filet mignon, $38 I believe. Nice bar, good breakfast. Just a few rates include breakfast. Nice, helpful staff, no problems there what so ever. Rooms have sound proof windows so you can watch the planes and not hear them. Beds were comfortable, cannot remember much else as has been a few months. We would stay again for sure when returning for business. Many hotels in town, Philly is a real nice city, we were impressed with how clean and maintained it was and many historical things to see. Thanks for reading, author, female, 50 years young!

Room Tip: Upper rooms, if facing the run ways, you can watch the planes come and go. Windows are sound proof...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you very much for taking your personal time to complete a review for the hotel. We are happy to hear that your business trip was a success and that you were comfortable during your stay. Please come see us again!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stayed 2 nights last week for our daughter's college graduation. Everything was just right and as it should be, including the price. This is an airport hotel and is in a hotel park not near much else, but there is a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance and the hotel has a small bistro (which we did not use). There is a Wawa convenience store about 1/2 mile away which is great to refill the rental car and get a hot bagel in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your stay and the hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for this very important milestone. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. In addition adding valuable comments to other guest about the local area. We hope to see you again soon!