“One of the best Courtyards for customer service”

Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #46 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I had business for three weeks in Malvern PA, so I would leave Malvern on Friday afternoon, turn in my car and catch the shuttle to this Courtyard. Yes, there is a Marriott right at the airport, but this Courtyard is quieter than the airport hotel.

Before I even arrived I received an E-mail from the manager of the hotel and since I had a question about shuttle bus from the airport I asked..not really expecting any response because you seldom get one, and within a couple hours the managers E-mail told me to contact them as soon as I got to the airport and the shuttle would come right over. The second week the front desk staff greeted me by name, even though I had not identified myself when I requested the shuttle, same for the third week. All the staff were friendly, even at 4:00am in the morning when I had to catch the bus to catch my flight.

The Bistro was a nice place to get dinner for the evening, nothing extravagant, but better than going out.

The only two issues I have with the site is no wifi in the rooms, but I carry a cable and had no problems with it, and also in the Bistros booths not all the channels worked on the TVs, but since I was not there to watch TV this didn't bother me.

I have many more weeks like this coming up and my plans already include a Friday night stay at this Courtyard.

Room Tip: Shuttle to the airport are every 30 minutes starting at 0400 Call for shuttle from airport to hotel...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TCPDump
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are fortunate to have great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience.
The hotel will be receiving wireless internet in the guest rooms in the end of March.
Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Typical Courtyard,nice staff and the the new cafe style lobby, which I much prefer to the old breakfast buffet, but come on - no wi-fi? (there is in the lobby but in your room you have plug in a wire! I didn't remember how! too bad, iPaders)

Sorry, Marriott, but there is no excuse in the second decade of the 21st century for this.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review on February 21, 2012. We deeply regret the experience you had with not having wireless internet in your guest room. The hotel is scheduled to receive wireless internet in the guest rooms by the end of March.
Please know that we have taken action to ensure this problem is rectified for our customers to have a positive experience.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I've this hotel off of my list when needing a hotel near the airport in Philadelphia.
Though it's generally a decent run of the mill Courtyard, it has 2 things going against it IMO.
There is no wireless Internet in the rooms and as I travel withan iPad, this creates a problem.
This Courtyard also has The Bistro renovation which I dislike as well.
As I talk to Courtyard employees across the brand, they all dislike this new lobby just as much as I and many other do, I really wonder why Marriott continues to push this.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review on February 2, 2012. We deeply apologize for the experience you had in regards to not having wireless internet in your guest room. The hotel is scheduled to receive wireless internet in guest rooms the end of March.
Please know that we have taken action to ensure that all of our guest are satisfied.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We always stay at this hotel at the airport when travelling to town. Recently my husband was there by himself on his 60th birthday. I called the hotel and asked them if they could wish him happy birthday when he checked in.

They surprised him with a bottle of wine upon check-in.

Room Tip: Let the hotel know what you need....they will help.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times. When we checked in after midnight the staff was friendly. I noticed the lobby looked different from what I remembered. I asked about breakfast which used to be a buffet. Now it's À la carte and a bit more expensive. There's not really a choice for food unless you have a car here.

The internet is pretty slow too. It's advertised as High Speed Internet, it's definitely not that [--]

On another positive note though, the hotel is close to the airport and I-95 but the noise level doesn't seem uncomfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Was there for stressful overnight business trip. Very clean room. Very quiet. Excellent lobby with cafe/bar. Staff were helpful and extremely courteous..

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The hotel was nice looking and in a good location but on a a busy weekend they had to shut the pool on Sunday. Maybe they could have fixed the pool at nightime instead of a busy time when there were a lot of kids that wanted to swim.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family