“Just don't show up late...”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Ranked #72 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed June 21, 2007

Pros:
- Inexpensive; I think I paid $47 on Priceline
- Convenient; a quick and easy drive from the airport
- Friendly Staff

Cons:
- Though near the airport, it is not necessarily easy to find [expanded explanation below]
- A little dirty and worn
- Shady area
- Possible Bed Bugs

I stayed for one night - I was moving to Philly and was closing on a home the next day (originally from Alabama). I wasn't looking for something nice, just something cheap, and ESA was my ticket in. I was able to priceline a room here for less than $50 and didn't have to drive far to arrive at the hotel (which helped, since my plane landed close to midnight due to weather delays).

Unfortunately, this hotel is behind the Extended Stay Deluxe - same company, different hotel. So, one may be fooled into thinking that the ESD is the ESA, when it is not. So don't waste your time waiting at the ESD door (that no one answered...for an hour...at around midnight).

When I left the hotel, I had small red, itchy bumps that weren't there before arriving - I cannot make a guarantte that these were bugs, but they seemed very suspicious in their nature.

Other than that, the room seemed to be reasonably clean (I didn't trust the coffee maker though) and it was a well enough place to stay for one night. Definitely a "no frills" hotel, but if you're in town for work or just for an evening, it may be worth a look (but then, it may not be too...).

• Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank GTwilley

Reviewed June 11, 2007

I had an early flight and was planning on using the airport shuttle. I called ahead to make sure they had transportation. Extended Stay told me they do not have a shuttle however they said I could walk across the street to the Embassy Suites and use their shuttle. NOT TRUE!!!!! The shuttle driver saw us walking over and informed us he is not allowed to shuttle guests from Extended Stay even tho they tell you it is ok. I walked inside and asked Embassy Suites to call a taxi. The woman informed me that taxis do not come out to that area and if they do it will take about 1 hour...I did make it to my flight but will never again stay at Extended Stay...The hotel and room had a very odd smell....Do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Zigs56
Reviewed January 12, 2007

I travel for work and have stayed at this property several times over the last six months. While it is true that it is not the cleanest hotel, it is one of the remodeled ESA's so it doen't have that rundown creepy, grungy feel and the rooms are very quiet. I am not sure what good the security guard does, since one time while I was here the laundry room was broken into and vandalized, but overall it seems to be a quiet location. I never had a problem with any of the staff, and it is convenient to the airport, and highways. Once you figure out how to navigate around Philadelphia, you can find restaurants and shopping areas, on your own. But, I had no luck with anyone at the front desk knowing what was nearby, which I found a bit strange. This is not the worst place I have had to stay in but, it is far from the best.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank spidersart
Reviewed May 23, 2006

Horrible place to stay and should be given a quality rating of a half star. First, customer service at the front desk was poor quality the front desk and manager did not seem to be very helpful for early arrivals and were not very knowledgible regarding on line booking entities and procedures. I had to wait 20 minutes to speak with a manager to be checked in as an early arrival and hotel staff refused to hold bags behind the front desk. Cleaniness of the room after fighting to get into my room with a manual door key from the 1970's, appeared to have some debris on the floor and the room setup appeared to be dingy and cheesey. Upon returning from an event 2 AM in the morning. The front desk attendant was no where to be found because it closes after 11 PM. Unfortunately, I forgot my room number and attempted to use the emergency phone line to speak to available staff member who never pick up the phone. It took an additional 20 minutes to locate an on site security guard to locate a staff member who then told me that my reservation was canceled. The following day was check out and the hotel attempted to charge me additional fees that were not negotiated when I booked on line through a travel site. I would not Extend My Stay for another second and I would not have my worst enemy or ex-girlfriend stay there!

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank Christopher D
A TripAdvisor Member
san francisco
Reviewed December 12, 2005

If i had been on a business trip, this place would have been unacceptable because i need a more luxurious stay. However, i was visiting family and once i adjusted to the sparcity of the room, it was totally fine. Plus side: Very roomy, good kitchen which saves money on meals, practically free internet, attentive staff. Down side: Thin walls, thin bed (though relatively comfortable nd they'll give you extra pillows), plain decor, housekeeping only every third day. Oh and the entryway doors are RIDICULOUS; they are completely manual and since you have to move your own luggage, as a single travelor i actually threw out my back moving in and out. Conclusion: When you choose a hotel for price, you get what you pay for, but this was a fair tradeoff.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2005

Check in was not particularly good, desk clerk was disinterested. First room I was given was not dirty and had not been cleaned, I returned to the desk and was allocated another room. This room was fine. Hotel is pretty basic, no on site facilities, and not a particularly interesting location, but convenient for the airport. For the price paid, I do not consider it was particularly good value, but for some reason, Philly is very expensive.
Clerk who checked me out was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank El-Yuca-Ingles
Reviewed October 9, 2005

Yuck! What a dump! Dirty, filthy and smelly halls and rooms.

They had a security guard patrolling the hotel, which did not give me a warm fuzzy about my safety.

Very basic and boring rooms. I couldn't handle staying there.

They did have high speed wireless internet and, in all fairness, they are renovating: Perhaps it will be much nicer in a few months.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank chris_schene
Travelers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
#46 of 89 in Philadelphia
1 mi away
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.

Address: 9000 Tinicum Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19153-3101 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #72 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Price Range: $86 - $122 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd. 2.5*
Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. Parking: $10/night up to 7 nights. Shuttle Bus Service Monday- Friday 5am-10am and 5pm-10pm ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport Hotel Philadelphia