Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Ranked #70 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Jakarta
“not so friendly”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

we did not get the friendly reception that we had expected based on our experience at other extended stay hotels, and it certainly did not compensate for the fact that the rooms need an uplift. however the room was functional with a working kitchen, bathroom, and a decent bed. if we were to stay another night near the philly airport, we would most likely look for other options in the area.

Room Tip: we asked for a room away from elevators and stairs
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Once again I stayed at Extended Stay but this time on Tinicum Blvd.. Again great customer service by Jerome, he was funny as well. One of my rooms wasn't ready but he made sure himself that it would be ready by the time I came back from getting a bite to eat which Ruby Tuesday is right around the corner.. It was clean, very nice and just good customer service as well. I have to say i thought I would be disappointed because I recently stayed at an Extended Stay in PA on Dreschner Road and even though the customer service was great, the rooms were not, the heater was noisy, wasn't the standard i was use to at Plymouth Meeting. But I have to say I was very grateful and happy the Tinicum Blvd hotel was almost the same comparison of the Plymouth Meeting hotel just minus the breakfast.. But thank you for everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Deanna R
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I book this hotel because it had a kitchen within the room and I don't like to always go out and purchase food all the time I like to make my own. The kitchen included everything it said on the website a refrigerator, stove, and cookware. The bed was comfortable, however, the room needs to bed update. There is no other amenities within the hotel so you will be pretty much just in your room unless you go out somewhere. This hotel is not the cleanest hotel I have ever been to but it's not the worst. Figure out what you want within a hotel before booking.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Shaun1029
Reviewed May 21, 2013

With several cancelled flights took a room here out of desperation. Ended up at the delux hotel by accident and was told I had to walk over to the this one. Fortunately another traveler made the same mistake and we walked over together. Not advisable at night. Shady area at night with some suspicious people walking around. Do not advise you walk around at night. Receptionist was outside smoking but very nice. The laundry room behind the front desk was visible, piles of towels on the floor and messy. Entered the room and wanted to cry, but what to do late at night. Couldn't afford the taxi again back to the airport but this is what I should have done. The bathroom sink had hair on it. One of the pillows on the bed had been laid on. The smell was not tolerable. The room was dreary and dark and not like the pictures. The carpet was stained. The laundry room was a mess. A large spill on the floor, towels on the floor. I needed to take a medication and the mug had a greasy stain on it. I sat at the desk and attempted to put my head down and sleep afraid of the bed. That didn't work so I put bath towels on the bed and laid there with a plastic bag covering the pillow. Afraid to look at the sheets. Never opened my suitcase and left it on the table concerned about bugs. The bed side table lamp didn't work so I checked behind for the plug and found food containers and beer bottle caps. The towels did not smell clean and one would assume based on the condition of the laundry room that if they are truly washed it is with minimal detergent. Had to spend a lot on cabs back and forth to the airport. Approx $20 each way so better choice is to upgrade to a clean hotel and take their free shuttle. The furniture was chipped and worn.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a cleaner hotel with a free shuttle in a safe neighborhood.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel was a great deal not far from the airport but far enough so the noise wasn't an issue the hotel is in major need of repairs room smelled funny tub was cracked but for the price it was ok the staff was very nice and super helpful but next time I think ill spend a little more and stay at a nicer hotel

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank tonycuevas
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I do not have anything bad to say about the hotel itself....The staff was really nice and friendly, the room was clean and nice in size. Having a full sized refrigerator was really nice. The stove was convenient also, and worked great. We had a smoking room and unlike most hotels, when we walked into the room it did not smell like stale smoke, it was very pleasant. With that said, here is the only thing I didn't like. I knew when I booked the hotel that it was by the airport...across the street actually and the noise level to my surprise was very very minimal. BUT, we had a lot of things to do in the city over our 5 night stay...first day we got into the cab and to our surprise there was a flat $28.50 fee, plus $1.20 fuel charge and an extra $1.00 for another person. When all said and done it was a $35.00 one way cab ride. All cabs into the city were like that. Thankfully we had family that gave us rides in and out for the rest of the week. We found out about regional rails by the end of our trip. I would stay here again, but only if we drive down next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nichole D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Nichole - Your input is truly valuable to us, and I thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We really enjoyed having you visit with us and look forward to offering you great service and a fresh, clean room once more in the future. Please come visit us soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for two nights at Extended Stay and Trina was absolutely amazing in how informative, helpful and courteous she was toward me. She printed out a train schedule and had a lot of helpful information.The room was new, clean and upscale while the location was perfect. Jerome also helped in my booking and made sure that everything was in order. Overall, a great stay, a great find and reasonably priced. My only suggestion is that there is a shuttle to the train and airport, Otherwise, it is a great place to stay and convenient to downtown Philly and located just off I-95.

Room Tip: Ask to always see a room first before you check in. I saw two and had my pick. Got a great corner wi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jay m
Jay - Thank you for your kind words. The staff and I strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests to enjoy. It is extremely pleasing to know that we were able to do this for you, especially Trina. I will definitely share your comments with the team.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcome you back soon at our hotel!