“Great Place for the price”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Ranked #72 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've been here for sometime now and all the staff is very friendly. After reading some of the other reviews I feel kind of lost! I haven't experienced any of these awful things some of the other guests speak about.(FYI a shuttle service being provided would increase the daily rate at the hotel) Its one mile from the airport, like a 7 dollar cab ride. I travel often and almost always stay at ESA's. If your looking for shuttle service, valet and 5 star luxury then go spend 250+ per night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the hotel has been a great place to stay and meet your needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had booked a night here since it was close to the airport and I would be flying out at 6:20AM the next morning. Even though it is close (not walking distance!) to the airport, they do NOT have a shuttle service. I am glad I called to check on this before returning my rental car the night before. Upon entering the lobby to check in, I was greeted with an unusual aroma that smelled like a combination of stale cigarette smoke and food. My room was on the second floor and as I entered the room I immediately noticed the window was open, letting in lots of noises from the highway and airport. I tried repeatedly to close the window without any success. I then made my way into the bathroom and discovered that the bathtub was not clean, containing dirt and hair. I then went downstairs and was given another room. The new room did have a window that would close and the bathroom was acceptably clean, but the room still had the same worn out furniture with scratches. I was glad that the smells from the lobby and hallways were not in the rooms. All in all, not a very very welcoming hotel and I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The place was very clean, employees were always cleaning something. We got everything extra we wanted (more towels, blankets etc.) I needed several different things printed out and they were more than happy to help. They were always friendly and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you have had such a great stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to providing you great service in the future!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

After flying all day and arriving here the place is unpleasant.. All of the employees are very nice and go out of their way to help.. But the hotel is bad.. Odors, dirty and no hot water on upper 2 floors.. Shower curtain very dirty arund bottom.. Very pricey to have no hot water..

Room Tip: If you stay I would get the first floor for the hot water and bring candle or air freshner for the r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank sweetrobin
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The hot water and odor you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team has addressed these issues with the mantenance department. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at agonzalez@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently transitioned jobs to a position that requires me to be on the road 5 days a week, which subsequently has me in an extensive amount of hotels on a consistent basis. Due to this change, I gave up my house, as it made no sense to pay a substantially high rent for a place I would be at approximately 8 days a week.
While in the process of looking for something smaller and cheaper, i decided rather than impose myself upon family or friends....Ill incorporate my work lifestyle into my personal life. Thus I came across the Extended Stay America Philadelphia Airport.
From my first stay, I was given nothing but a warm welcome, extensively courteous service, and a staff that went above an beyond to make me feel welcome and valued.
I have been staying there now on the weekends for a little over a month. The rooms are fully equipped (FULL kitchen, workspace, up to date electronics, etc.), and extremely accommodating., One concierge, specifically, by the name of Alexis, has made me feel as though weve known each other for years. She makes sure that the type of room I prefer is always available, even goes as far as having my room cooled to the temperature that I like by the time that I arrive! My son stays with me as well, and she addresses us on a first name basis, giving that extra "homely" feel. She comes with such a warm smile, and consistently goes outside the call of her position. Just this weekend in fact, she called me on Friday to confirm that I would be staying as usual, as they were booked literally down to the last room. That type of service is what makes a hotel with great amenities, convenient location, and an overall welcoming environment...Stand out from the crowd.
I highly recommend this hotel far above the others local to the Philadelphia Airport, and hope that in your booking, you have the pleasure of receiving the excellent service that the staff provides,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that Alexis and the staff have been great. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Stay here was Very comfortable The promptness Of your employees Alise and LaKiesha Was Very helpful to me. I had a few problems i didnt like the location They helped me find a new location which was so nice an clean I'd really like to thank these to wonderful women personally but this is the best i can do thank you lovely Ladies soooo Much

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The person that helped me at this hotel and made my stay very pleasing was Alise. She helped me find different things and made me very comfortable here. My stay at this hotel was peaceful and funful for the family. I enjoyed my visit here and i will most definitely come back next year.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.