“This Has Become My 2nd Home!!!”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Ranked #71 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“This Has Become My 2nd Home!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently transitioned jobs to a position that requires me to be on the road 5 days a week, which subsequently has me in an extensive amount of hotels on a consistent basis. Due to this change, I gave up my house, as it made no sense to pay a substantially high rent for a place I would be at approximately 8 days a week.
While in the process of looking for something smaller and cheaper, i decided rather than impose myself upon family or friends....Ill incorporate my work lifestyle into my personal life. Thus I came across the Extended Stay America Philadelphia Airport.
From my first stay, I was given nothing but a warm welcome, extensively courteous service, and a staff that went above an beyond to make me feel welcome and valued.
I have been staying there now on the weekends for a little over a month. The rooms are fully equipped (FULL kitchen, workspace, up to date electronics, etc.), and extremely accommodating., One concierge, specifically, by the name of Alexis, has made me feel as though weve known each other for years. She makes sure that the type of room I prefer is always available, even goes as far as having my room cooled to the temperature that I like by the time that I arrive! My son stays with me as well, and she addresses us on a first name basis, giving that extra "homely" feel. She comes with such a warm smile, and consistently goes outside the call of her position. Just this weekend in fact, she called me on Friday to confirm that I would be staying as usual, as they were booked literally down to the last room. That type of service is what makes a hotel with great amenities, convenient location, and an overall welcoming environment...Stand out from the crowd.
I highly recommend this hotel far above the others local to the Philadelphia Airport, and hope that in your booking, you have the pleasure of receiving the excellent service that the staff provides,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that Alexis and the staff have been great. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Stay here was Very comfortable The promptness Of your employees Alise and LaKiesha Was Very helpful to me. I had a few problems i didnt like the location They helped me find a new location which was so nice an clean I'd really like to thank these to wonderful women personally but this is the best i can do thank you lovely Ladies soooo Much

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, October 1, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Jamaica, New York, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The person that helped me at this hotel and made my stay very pleasing was Alise. She helped me find different things and made me very comfortable here. My stay at this hotel was peaceful and funful for the family. I enjoyed my visit here and i will most definitely come back next year.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, September 26, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I booked this place through a Priceline bid and was pleasantly surprised! The hotel is within a sort of "Corporate Park" surrounded by other mid-price hotels such as Embassy Suites. The Front Desk guy was very helpful and the hallways were well-lit, super clean and quiet. The room I got was very big and had a pretty elaborate kitchen set-up with a huge refridgerator/microwave, coffee-maker (gotta supply your own coffee tho') and a new Flat-screen TV. It's an easy 3 block walk to the Train Station which is across from a 24-hour Wawa Market (Philly's local 7-Eleven type place). This hotel above all is totally safe and totally clean, a big plus for a solo traveler! Big thanks to the sweet art student who works the Front Desk at night!

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, September 18, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at out hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially our Front Desk Agent. It is so rewarding to know that your stay with us was enhanced by the friendly service, in-room amenities we offer, the standard of cleanliness we keep and the properties general location. Thank you for such wonderful feedback!

Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I don't even know where to begin. With all hotels in Philly booked for a 9/11 event, I was left no alternative but this hotel. I figured, by the airport, priced right, looks OK from the outside...boy did I figure wrong. I will start with the services offered:

- No Wakeup call
- No transport to the airport...a mile away
- No ability to print a boarding pass
- No phonebook or menu for food

Now the facility:

- Horrible beds - boardlike is a compliment
- Filthy room - the comforter had a stain on it, I dont want to say what it is...but I will share, I slept fully clothes for fear of catching something.
- No shampoo at all - one tiny bar of soap...
- Peeling walls
- A dirty chair in the corner
- Peeling walls in the room and bathroom

Literally, the inside of this facility, from the lobby to the rooms was "institutional" at best - think a '60's era minimum security prison or psych center. Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at - am I have stayed at truck dives in the Carolina's, so I am saying a lot.

I cannot underscore how bad this one is...With any luck, it will be plowed under soon and nobody will ever be tempted to even roll the dice on this place. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked this room for an overnight stay and was a little nervous because of some of the reviews i read. However, I have to say that I did not experience the same problems as some of the other reviewers. Check in was quick and the lady behind the counter was pleasant. My room was not above average, but it was nice. I liked having a little kitchen, everything was clean, there were no unpleasant odors, and NO bedbugs. The linen was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only slight negative feedback i would give is that the carpet by the air conditioners was damp. But the actual air conditioner worked like a charm. All in all, I had a very good experience and would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, September 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future and correct any issues that you may encounter. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Seabrook, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was in town to celebrate my birthday with family and needed somewhere affordable to stay. I stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe before, wasn't impressed but it was okay. We decided to stay here since the prices were reasonable. The good thing is the size of the rooms was great. The kitchenette was even okay. The bad - the bed was horrible. It was like sleeping on wood. The other problem is why can't they offer continental breakfast, coffee, tea, etc. on the weekends? The TV ads indicate continental breakfast but they don't tell you it's only available on weekdays. In addition, you cannot have your room cleaned if you stay less than three days. That would have been nice to know when we checked in. The decor could also use updating, it looks dingy and they leave the door open where you can see the huge washer, which is behind the front desk. Nonetheless, it's a half decent place to stay if you are on a tight budget or for emergency.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests. I want to let you know that we truly listen to our guests and are in the process of upgrading our hotels with new beds, flat screen TV’s and a "grab and go" breakfast. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.