“Pleasantly Surprised Clean, Safe and Easy Train Access to Old City!”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Ranked #72 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I booked this place through a Priceline bid and was pleasantly surprised! The hotel is within a sort of "Corporate Park" surrounded by other mid-price hotels such as Embassy Suites. The Front Desk guy was very helpful and the hallways were well-lit, super clean and quiet. The room I got was very big and had a pretty elaborate kitchen set-up with a huge refridgerator/microwave, coffee-maker (gotta supply your own coffee tho') and a new Flat-screen TV. It's an easy 3 block walk to the Train Station which is across from a 24-hour Wawa Market (Philly's local 7-Eleven type place). This hotel above all is totally safe and totally clean, a big plus for a solo traveler! Big thanks to the sweet art student who works the Front Desk at night!

• Stayed: September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at out hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially our Front Desk Agent. It is so rewarding to know that your stay with us was enhanced by the friendly service, in-room amenities we offer, the standard of cleanliness we keep and the properties general location. Thank you for such wonderful feedback!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I don't even know where to begin. With all hotels in Philly booked for a 9/11 event, I was left no alternative but this hotel. I figured, by the airport, priced right, looks OK from the outside...boy did I figure wrong. I will start with the services offered:

- No Wakeup call
- No transport to the airport...a mile away
- No ability to print a boarding pass
- No phonebook or menu for food

Now the facility:

- Horrible beds - boardlike is a compliment
- Filthy room - the comforter had a stain on it, I dont want to say what it is...but I will share, I slept fully clothes for fear of catching something.
- No shampoo at all - one tiny bar of soap...
- Peeling walls
- A dirty chair in the corner
- Peeling walls in the room and bathroom

Literally, the inside of this facility, from the lobby to the rooms was "institutional" at best - think a '60's era minimum security prison or psych center. Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at - am I have stayed at truck dives in the Carolina's, so I am saying a lot.

I cannot underscore how bad this one is...With any luck, it will be plowed under soon and nobody will ever be tempted to even roll the dice on this place. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked this room for an overnight stay and was a little nervous because of some of the reviews i read. However, I have to say that I did not experience the same problems as some of the other reviewers. Check in was quick and the lady behind the counter was pleasant. My room was not above average, but it was nice. I liked having a little kitchen, everything was clean, there were no unpleasant odors, and NO bedbugs. The linen was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only slight negative feedback i would give is that the carpet by the air conditioners was damp. But the actual air conditioner worked like a charm. All in all, I had a very good experience and would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future and correct any issues that you may encounter. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was in town to celebrate my birthday with family and needed somewhere affordable to stay. I stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe before, wasn't impressed but it was okay. We decided to stay here since the prices were reasonable. The good thing is the size of the rooms was great. The kitchenette was even okay. The bad - the bed was horrible. It was like sleeping on wood. The other problem is why can't they offer continental breakfast, coffee, tea, etc. on the weekends? The TV ads indicate continental breakfast but they don't tell you it's only available on weekdays. In addition, you cannot have your room cleaned if you stay less than three days. That would have been nice to know when we checked in. The decor could also use updating, it looks dingy and they leave the door open where you can see the huge washer, which is behind the front desk. Nonetheless, it's a half decent place to stay if you are on a tight budget or for emergency.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests. I want to let you know that we truly listen to our guests and are in the process of upgrading our hotels with new beds, flat screen TV’s and a "grab and go" breakfast. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This place is a dump. We needed to stay near the airport and were traveling with our dog so that's why we booked despite the lukewarm reviews. A huge mistake. The room didn't look clean and my husband wouldn't even use the glasses! The bed was creepy but we were so tired we could overlook it. No shampoo, no hairdryer and only one bar of soap. My husband's sister heard her neighbor snoring all night. Luckily we were only there overnight - if not we would have had to leave no matter what. All this for just under $100 a night. Eeech.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates.

As well, our staff strives to ensure that each of our guests are not disturbed during their stay. The noises within the Lobby and throughout and the property are policed so everyone has a good nights rest; however, sometimes these sounds can be out of our control.

I take seriously your concerns, and assure you that we work very hard to improve. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Don't stay here.
The room smelled like greasy food, the stove was filthy, the blanket had a "sex" stain on it, the doors to the rooms don't open and close properly, the outside door bangs shut and people from the "seamier side of life" are actually "LIVING" here.
I left the very next morning because I was too tired to drive away on the evening that I checked in.

Room Tip: Try another facility near the airport if that's where you have to stay
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I tried this hotel back in September & wasn't impressed. Much so, I turned around & left after inspection of the room and went somewhere else. However, this time, after looking @ the room, I decided to stay. The a/c worked perfectly; actually iced cold. I had to turn it down because it was too cold for me. The bed & linens were clean and bedbug free, thank goodness. I would've wanted more pillows but I made do with two. Bathroom was very clean but there was no soap. No biggie for me, I had my own. Nice, clean towels & plenty for me. There was a full sized fridge, a 2 burner stove, sink & microwave. I didn't use any of these but it was good to have if I did. Big room with lots of space & flat screen TV. The only negative would be the front desk reception. No one was there when I arrived & I had to wait until she got back & this was 5pm in the afternoon. When I went down for change, for the vending machine, the other clerk cut me off before I finished asking the question. Clearly, she doesn't like her job. This didn't bother me, as I have a thick skin, but good customer service is important in the hospitality business. I would recommend this hotel and next time I'm in Philly, I would stay here. Negotiated this room on Priceline & got it for $48! I got my money's worth & more. Even though the interstate is right beyond the parking lot, didn't hear any of the traffic. They're many options for lodging in the immediate area but I will, more than likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review about our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I hope you will give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.