Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Ranked #70 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Seabrook, Maryland, United States
“Hard as a board!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was in town to celebrate my birthday with family and needed somewhere affordable to stay. I stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe before, wasn't impressed but it was okay. We decided to stay here since the prices were reasonable. The good thing is the size of the rooms was great. The kitchenette was even okay. The bad - the bed was horrible. It was like sleeping on wood. The other problem is why can't they offer continental breakfast, coffee, tea, etc. on the weekends? The TV ads indicate continental breakfast but they don't tell you it's only available on weekdays. In addition, you cannot have your room cleaned if you stay less than three days. That would have been nice to know when we checked in. The decor could also use updating, it looks dingy and they leave the door open where you can see the huge washer, which is behind the front desk. Nonetheless, it's a half decent place to stay if you are on a tight budget or for emergency.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests. I want to let you know that we truly listen to our guests and are in the process of upgrading our hotels with new beds, flat screen TV’s and a "grab and go" breakfast. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Wallace, North Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This place is a dump. We needed to stay near the airport and were traveling with our dog so that's why we booked despite the lukewarm reviews. A huge mistake. The room didn't look clean and my husband wouldn't even use the glasses! The bed was creepy but we were so tired we could overlook it. No shampoo, no hairdryer and only one bar of soap. My husband's sister heard her neighbor snoring all night. Luckily we were only there overnight - if not we would have had to leave no matter what. All this for just under $100 a night. Eeech.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, August 24, 2012

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates.

As well, our staff strives to ensure that each of our guests are not disturbed during their stay. The noises within the Lobby and throughout and the property are policed so everyone has a good nights rest; however, sometimes these sounds can be out of our control.

I take seriously your concerns, and assure you that we work very hard to improve. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Don't stay here.
The room smelled like greasy food, the stove was filthy, the blanket had a "sex" stain on it, the doors to the rooms don't open and close properly, the outside door bangs shut and people from the "seamier side of life" are actually "LIVING" here.
I left the very next morning because I was too tired to drive away on the evening that I checked in.

Room Tip: Try another facility near the airport if that's where you have to stay
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, August 14, 2012

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I tried this hotel back in September & wasn't impressed. Much so, I turned around & left after inspection of the room and went somewhere else. However, this time, after looking @ the room, I decided to stay. The a/c worked perfectly; actually iced cold. I had to turn it down because it was too cold for me. The bed & linens were clean and bedbug free, thank goodness. I would've wanted more pillows but I made do with two. Bathroom was very clean but there was no soap. No biggie for me, I had my own. Nice, clean towels & plenty for me. There was a full sized fridge, a 2 burner stove, sink & microwave. I didn't use any of these but it was good to have if I did. Big room with lots of space & flat screen TV. The only negative would be the front desk reception. No one was there when I arrived & I had to wait until she got back & this was 5pm in the afternoon. When I went down for change, for the vending machine, the other clerk cut me off before I finished asking the question. Clearly, she doesn't like her job. This didn't bother me, as I have a thick skin, but good customer service is important in the hospitality business. I would recommend this hotel and next time I'm in Philly, I would stay here. Negotiated this room on Priceline & got it for $48! I got my money's worth & more. Even though the interstate is right beyond the parking lot, didn't hear any of the traffic. They're many options for lodging in the immediate area but I will, more than likely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review about our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I hope you will give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Room never got cleaned for the whole three days we were there and the television is a little outdated. I did like the location. It 15 minutes from my sister's house

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at a considerably affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe was the standard that we have for guests staying less than a week. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on explaining the cleaning schedule to all guests. At any time a change of linens and towels is available at the front desk.

Hampton
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My track team travelled from Virginia to Philadelphia for The Penn Relays. When I called on the phone to make our reservations the hotel staff and the manager were very professional and more than willing to accommodate our needs. Prior to our arrival, I read other reviews and was determined to keep and open mind. I am so glad I did! Upon our arrival we were greeted with excitement and professionalism. The hotel manager and front desk clerk (Ms. Paige) treated us with respect and were very courteous. Our check-in was completed in a matter of minutes and after a six hour bus ride we were off to our rooms. The rooms were clean, the kitchen area was sufficient, and the bathrooms were nice and tidy. We did not see any bugs of any kind! Our track team felt safe, secure, and comfortable. Considering our team had to compete, it was important for them to sleep comfortably. We slept very well all 3 nights of our stay. We were only a 15 minute walk away from the train station and a 5 minute walk away from the bus line. The entire staff was extremely helpful and willing to assist us in any way they could. If I had a complaint, it would be that the only restaurant in this large cluster of hotels is Ruby Tuesday. When in the area again, we will return for another stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vernita B
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, May 21, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.