“disappointed”

Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I found this hotel through tripadvisor, so I was disappointed when so many little things went wrong...the hot tub was not working the first night we arrived, plus we had to get sheets for the pull out bed ourselves. The next morning found us frustrated when one woman made all the waffles she wanted, using up the waffle mix. Upon returning to out hotel room that night, no bath soap was left in the bathroom. The next day we found that our door had not been closing all the way...luckily nothing was taken. For the $159 a night I expected a lot more. Some of the employees were very nice, others just putting in their time, just doing their job...

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank RobertoTrees
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport

Reviewed July 4, 2007

We stayed for two nights (July 27 & 28 2007)and found it to be a very comfortable hotel. It is not fancy, but very comfortable. I thought the beds were some of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever been in. The rooms were clean and quiet and the staff was friendly and very helpful. We initially had a problem with our Air Conditioner. They had someone there and a new unit installed in 30 minutes and it worked fine after that. The continental breakfast was very good too.
My only complaint was the pool area. The pool was not very clean and had some extremely loud and rude people in it, to the point where people with young children felt like they needed to leave. Since I didn't really care if I used the pool or not, that didn't bother me too much However, if I'd had young children there, it would have bothered me ALOT.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel. We had a very nice stay there.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank asmittyinca
Reviewed June 18, 2007

Stayed there one night while on a college trip with my son. The lobby reminded me of a nursing home. The staff was friendly. For the other single night stays of our trip we stayed in Hampton Inns. Because I read some good reviews of this hotel, I thought I'd try a Fairfield Inn just for variety. Not a good idea. All the beds in the Hampton Inns we stayed at were very comfortable. Here, the bed was too soft and hurt my back, and the sheets were thin: the kind that don't stay put on the mattress very well and never feel clean. Also in the Fairfield Inn there was no place to hang anything. For a budget chain the Hampton Inns were always comfortable, and seemed consistent. I was not comfortable here and when I saw the Hampton Inn next door from our window, I wished I was there. Luckily we were only here one night.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank pali27
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I checked into PHL FairField Inn on Sat.16,2007. After checking in the first thing you saw on the way to the elevators was the pool the water was so dirty you couldn't see the bottom of the pool. After we got into our room all my husband and I could hear was Kids racing up and down the hallway. We complained to the front desk several times to no avail. The people over top of us sound like they were coming through the floor. They were thumping around so much that the smoke detector was shaking. We complained to the front desk the young lady was rude and acted as if we were bothering her. She stated she tried to call us back after the first complaint but the line was busy. Which was a lie the only time we ever used the hotel phone was to call her about the noise. So we didn't get any sleep we were forced to listen to kids in the hall way and thumping over our head from 4:30 pm until 12:32 am. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and never had an experience like this one. When we checked out early the next morning the general mager checked us out he didn't have a care in the world about our unpleasant stay. I stopped staying at Mariott Courtyad at Phl airport because the last time we stayed there when we got to our room and went to use the bathroom there was pubic hair all over the toilet we complained to the hotel nothing was done. We even complained to the corporate office which did nothing, but promise us a discount on our next room with marriott which we never received. I would not recommend Phl Airport Marriott locations to any one not only does the site ignore your complaints the corporate office is no better. Travelers might want to think twice before the stay at Phl Marriott airport locations. This was the worst business trip I ever had.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank MoSoAddictive
Reviewed June 13, 2007

my wife and i stayed at the Philadelpha Airport Fairfield Inn for our anniversary in June. We stayed two nights - midweek. the price was the main attraction - $133/night compared to $299 at the Marriott Hotel at the airport. we were very pleasantly surprised. The room was great with the all-new Fairfield bedding with ten (10) pillows on two very nice queen beds. the room had a safe and coffee maker along with a nice desk and chair and free high speed wireless internet. we took the shuttle to and from the airport and the driver dropped us off at the Eastwick station so that we could take the train into the city. I am very glad that we did not rent a car - it is just not necessary at this location. Ruby Tuesday (very good) is just across the street and open until 11:00pm on weekdays. The Fairfield breakfast was outstanding and the ladies working in the morning are exceptionally well prepared. Check in and Check out was flawless. I do not know what i would change about the Philadelphia Airport Fairfield Inn. Great Stay!!

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank rick f
Reviewed June 9, 2007

This is the most shocking hotel I've ever stayed in. I telephoned from the airport to book a shuttle bus and the receptionist was fairly rude and unhelpful.

The rooms were not great, fairly grubby, but sort of comfortable.

Breakfast was very limited, and you had to ask for everything: milk, plates, cream cheese, hot water. I was quite glad to leave, to be honest!

The only good thing about my experience of the Fairfield was the driver of the shuttle bus, who was a really nice, friendly guy!

There are plenty of other hotels close to the airport, I suggest trying one of those instead.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Billy Bird
Reviewed June 6, 2007

We stayed 2 nights over graduation weekend in May, 2007. I was so pleased with our stay at the Fairfield Inn near the Philadelphia Airport that I signed up with TripAdvisor just so I could write a review. The first good thing was that it was a Smoke-Free hotel and did not smell of stale cigarettes. Next, the three rooms we reserved were spacious, extremely clean with lots of pillows, and had comfortable beds. I liked the fact that they didn't use dirty old bedspreads, but instead used sheets and blankets that are easily laundered after each use. The other thing I liked was that the staff was extremely friendly. They were pleasant at check-in and called me later in my room to make sure everything was OK. At breakfast the next morning, the woman working the dining room had a smile on her face, was friendly, and very helpful. She kept everything stocked and very clean. Everyone working there seemed happy. They made our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family