“good airport hotel”

Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #48 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Very friendly helpful staff.Suprisingly good breakfast for a chain hotel's complimentary continental breakfast. Comfortable rooms. Altogether a good airport hotel. Ruby Tuesday restauarant just across the road is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2010

I made reservations in January for two nights/two rooms for an extended family vacation to PA and NJ so that we could stay our first and last nights near the airport. I used a credit card and had confirmation numbers for both rooms, both nights. The DAY BEFORE WE LEFT for our flight from Denver to Philadelphia, I got an email from the Fairfield saying that a "situation beyond their control" bumped us from their hotel and they were placing us in another one. I called them immediately and was told that a convention came to town taking more rooms than they had available and that they had to bump us so that they could give rooms to their "platinum customers". I was further told that this situation could happen at any time, regardless of having confirmation numbers for reservations. I will not go into the details of the problems with the hotel where they placed us, but suffice to say that we were lied to regarding the amenities, the distance and we nearly missed our flight as the "new" hotel did not own their own shuttle service and had no control over the shuttle to the airport.
I would NEVER stay in a Fairfield (Marriott) owned hotel again, nor can I recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We had reservations at Residence Inn in PA but our plane was late arriving. It was about 2:00 AM and we called and got a room at the Fairfield Inn. They sent a Shuttle at 2:00 AM to pick us up at the airport. That was really nice. They even let us stay an hour later then check out due to arriving so early in the morning. The rooms were clean and the employees were very nice and friendly. The continental breakfast was ok too. We would stay there again if ever we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed here Tuesday night for a slight early on Wednesday. We didn't get to the hotel until after 11 but check in was easy. I am a Marriott silver elite member and the woman who checked me in said they had a "game" and I could pick one of three envelopes. The one I picked had 10,000 Marriott bonus points which was great, though a week later I have yet to see them credited to my account. Hotel is definitley a little dated/shabby but seemed clean and the staff was friendly. The indoor pool looked decent. We got a fairly good rate $99 which is pretty good for an airport hotel in the summer time. You CAN leave your car in the hotel parking lot while you are traveling at no additional cost, though there is no security, we were gone 5 days and came back to our SUV just as we left it. We hit breakfast before we left for the airport, nothing special, cereal, thawed bagels, frozen Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and a waffle maker. Not as good as Residence Inn breakfasts. Airport shuttle was super easy to use, it leaves every half hour. Upon returning from our trip we called the Inn from the hotel courtesey kiosk and waited just 15 mintues until the very friendly shuttle driver picked us up, offered us some water and dropped us off right outside our car. Decent hotel, for the rate and convenience I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

My family & I came into the area for a graduation and stayed at this hotel for 1 night. Best service I ever rec'd! Staff was very helpful, much more alert than I was since we checked in very late at night. Breakfast was perfect and the rooms were just what we needed.

I manage a small Inn in my hometown therefore I know what good service and quality rooms travelers look for. This place was excellent! I will be staying here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank asd831
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We arrived to check in at 3 am after a long and difficult flights from Europe. The front desk clerk was nice, but she assigned me a room that was already occupied. I was trying to get in the room with a key that wouldn't work, and the occupant was rather upset. Had to trudge back down to the front desk to get re-assigned, and it was not the king bed I ordered. That being said, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was good with lots of options, and the woman working the breakfast area was very nice and accommodating. The hallways and elevators need a good cleaning. I selected this hotel after reading a lot of online reviews, and this was a good value.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2010

COME ON! MARRIOTT CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS. Someone is asleep at the wheel and I’m sure they are collecting a nice paycheck in the process. Why upgrade? Why stay current? Why replace old towels? Why have better furniture? Why use nice materials in the bathroom and shower/? Why have the room smell nice when you walk into your room? Why have decent bed linens or curtains? Why have decent Internet connectivity speeds? Why have automatic doors as you enter/exit the hotel with all your stuff? Why have a mini-fridge or microwave? Why have decent modern office chairs? This 10 year old office chair is just fine. I mean the color is horrible, and there are no adjustments, but it still works as intended.

Let’s just run this place into the ground and watch our clients go to one of dozens of nicer/newer hotels close by. This place needs to be remodeled and updated. I can describe the room décor in a single word…”Blah”. The room smelled like a cheap hotel. The TV was made in 1998 (not there’s anything wrong with that). Who says you can’t go back in time? Just step in the hotel room I received, and you will sent back in time by 12 years. There is a Ruby Tuesday within walking distance. The staff was friendly. I received a phone call checking to see if everything was okay. What am I supposed to say to this person? Where do I start? The last thing I want to do is switch rooms because of someone else’s apathy. Just keep your expectations low and you will be fine. I’m just sayin’…

Internet speed test to Atlanta 10:37pm
Download Speed: 176 kbps (22 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 208 kbps (26 KB/sec transfer rate)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business