“Horrible”

Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #43 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed April 3, 2007

All the hotels I have stayed at, we get great service and the staff is really nice. This hotel was the complete opposite. My husband went in on Friday to reserve a room for saturday night stay, and gave them a card to use in order to hold the room; however, when we checked in saturday night I gave them a card I had in order to charge the room after the clerk was unable to find the reservation my husband had made the night prior. The whole time she is assisting us she was on the phone on a personal phone call. The walls are also paper thin since we could hear everything going on next door to us and upstairs, as well as all the doors closing from other rooms down the hall. Monday after driving home, we realize on my husbands account that the hotel had charged him twice for the room as well as them charging my card I had gave them. It took us a whole 10hrs of contacting the hotel off and on since we kept getting the run around and them stating they would call us back and never did, until we called our bank and called the hotel as well and had to do a 3-way phone call for them to remove the charges off of our account. We then had to cancel my husband's credit card as well and reorder a new one with a new number since some more charges came up again for the same hotel. Over all the service was ridiculous and mainly brushing us off from one clerk to the next when we just wanted our money back on the account. I dont recommend this place at all and will never stay at this place even though it is so close to our relative we were visiting.

2  Thank idalia345

Reviewed April 3, 2007

We needed a place for one night and this fit the bill. The beds are new and big with nice sheets. The room was clean and the property was nice. The pool was also nice. Ruby Tuesday's next door was the only food nearby but worked for us. Felt safe in the neighborhood. Towels could have been softer. Would stay here again on next trip to Philly.

2  Thank lrich255
Reviewed March 26, 2007

I recently stayed at the Fairfield PHL airport based upon the reviews I read on Tripadvisor. As far as Fairfield Inns go, they are all pretty standard, with clean rooms, comfortable beds and adequate breakfasts. This one was no exception. However, the service at this Fairfield was the worst compared to other Fairfield Inns I've stayed at, including the one at Newark Airport. I arrived on a redeye flight, early Friday morning, and called the hotel to have the shuttle pick me up. The hotel clerk who answered the phone rudely informed me that check in was not until 3 and seemed put out that I would actually want to store my luggage there until I could check in. Nonetheless, she reluctantly agreed to send the shuttle, which arrived about 40 minutes later as I waited at the airport. To be fair, when I got to the hotel, the clerk invited me to partake in the breakfast buffet; however, she didn't blink an eye or even acknowledge me as I sat in the lobby waiting for an empty room to open up. It was only at about 10:30am that she finally said a room wouldn't be available until noon, at which point I decided to check my luggage with them and head out into the city. I checked in later that evening when I returned. However, as I lay in bed the following night, around 11pm, two other guests entered my room! The clerk (different from the one who checked me in) had checked them into my room and given them the key! To top it off, the clerk then called me in my room and said she had a "dilemma" and then asked me what my last name was. When I told her, she simply said "thanks" and hung up w/o apologizing! Needless to say, I won't hold this against the Fairfield chain as a whole, but I definitely won't be going back to this one!

• Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank gcgirl30
Reviewed March 23, 2007

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank FrqTravlr
Reviewed March 23, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in March 2007. We had a party of 7 people and had 2 rooms. Both were great! This hotel is very inexpensive, given it's location, but is worth every cent!!

We were greeted by a VERY friendly desk clerk (in fact, all clerks at the desk were great!). Check-in went smothly and we checked into our very clean and comfortable room. We were assisted with directions for our various sightseeing activities, as well.

The breakfast staff was very friendly, adn the breakfast was certainly sufficient for us all days we were there. There is also a Ruby Tuesday's directly acoss the street that will deliver to the room.

This hotel is only about 15 minutes from downtown Philadelphia, well worth the short drive!!

1  Thank Suz4Hoos