“Worst hotel experience ever!”

Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #37 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Houston, Texas
“Worst hotel experience ever!”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Old, run down & dirty. We had to wear shoes in the room because the carpet was wet. They told us that they had just shampooed the carpets. The room smelled like a wet dog.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time too provide your feedback. We welcome all feedback in a positive manner! We are indeed having all of our carpets and public areas deep cleaned throughout the hotel so that we are constantly maintaining our high cleanliness standards. I am very sorry for the inconvenience that we may have caused during your recent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly in the future so that I may be able to personally assist with your accomodations while staying in the Philadelphia area. We would love another opportunity to provide you with our award winning service!

Your in hospitality,
Paulette Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We came here for a 3 day trip to see the Red Sox play the Phillies. I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. everyone was so nice to us and our children! I would stay here again just to hang out with them!
(and do some sightseeing).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Hi!

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! We greatly appreciate it! I hope you can come back and see us again :-)

Have a fantastic rest of the summer!
Tarrytown, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was my first time at a Fairfield Inn. I've stayed in comparable properties from other chains, such as Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express, and the experience was similar--nothing flashy or fancy. But there was a pool, free Wi-Fi, the beds were comfortable, the room was clean and the breakfast in the morning was fine for what it was. The staff we encountered was also friendly.
While we were not flying in or out of PHL, the location was still good as it's only seven miles or so from downtown. Bear in mind, the nearby eating options are limited pretty much to the Ruby Tuesday across the street. Plan accordingly. Philadelphia gives you lots of choices, of course, all within an easy driving distance.
Overall, a good value, especially if you're there on a weekend when business travelers are not.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Hi!

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate it very much!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I booked this place online because online indicators showed it was close to the airport, and had a business center and a continental breakfast. I knew we would be arriving in the evening and leaving in the morning.

The front desk person (singular) was nice enough, but was overwhelmed with the line of people checking in and asking questions. Probably should have had two people there to handle the workload. Asking for directions to any local eatery/gas station...we were handed a piece of paper with typewritten directions. I suppose that's okay, but it seemed rather impersonal.

The business center is...on the edge of the dining area, not located in a separate room. The internet connection at the business center computers was molasses-esque slow. The wi-fi in the rooms was faster than the business center's wired connection, but I needed to print out boarding passes...which took over 5 minutes instead of the usual 30 seconds.

The room was clean, and large enough. Beds were comfortable. The door to the bathroom was coming off the hinges; either the housekeeping staff never opens/closes it, or they haven't reported it. I tried to report it to the front desk at checkout, but again, they were overwhelmed with people, most of whom were requesting shuttle trips that they had not pre-arranged. The front desk person from the previous evening was very clear: you must sign up for the shuttle ahead of time and the shuttle leaves every half hour, not when you show up and ask for it. The front desk people (now two of them) were spending most of their time trying to figure out how to get people to the airport, so rather than wait in line, we just dropped the keys off at the front desk and left.

We had a car to return, so we chose not to use or reserve the shuttle.

The continental breakfast was cereal, pastries, make-your-own waffles, fruit, and microwave breakfast sandwiches. It was as advertised, and what we expected.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hello!

Thank you very much for taking the time too provide us with your feedback from your recent stay. We welcome all feedback in a postive manner. I will definetly look into revamping our directions and adding additional award winning team members!

Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The staff was friendly, and the management was attentive to my concerns.

• Stayed July 2011
FFIPHLMGR, Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how wonderful you found our exceptional customer service was! We loved having you as a guest of ours and we hope to see you in the future when you are in the Philadelphia area!!!
Toronto
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Let me tell you this the worst area in the hotel!! First of the they have the worst Customer Service reps at the front desk. They are rude and inpersonal. When i walked into the hotel, I was surprised to see that this was a Fairfield Inn, the place seemed run down and old. My husband and I do a fair bit of travelling and let me tell you, I have never seen anything like this before. When I got upstairs to my room, the room was filthy, carpet was moldy, bathroom had mold and when we checked under the bed, there was bed bugs......YES YOU READ CORRECT BED BUGS!!!!! At that point my husband and I decided to leave. There are 3 other hotels in the area, The Hampton Inn, Microtell and Staybridge. From our research the Hampton Inn's scored the best! So we went across the street and reserved there. The Hampton Inn's provided us with such a warm experience of Philadelphia. The Manager Chris is outstanding and truly values the Customer Experience! It might be a few dollars more but for your health and sanity, trust me stay at the Hampton's. DO NOT GO TO THE Fairfield Inn. The Manager Paulette -- should not be in business!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovetotravel0202
FFIPHLMGR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
Greetings from the Philadelphia Fairfield Inn!

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken too write this post! Your feedback will allow us to focus on areas to improve our already historically known award winning customer service! We take pride in all of our guests and have a consistent track record for providing outstanding service. Therefore, it was very troublesome to hear that your stay was anything less than outstanding. We take these comments very seriously and research all matters accordingly. If, you would be so kind as too contact me directly so that I may be able to personally assist you I would greatly appreciate it. The topics and issues that you have mentioned are of the upmost concern to me. Myself and my staff take great pride in our hotel and the service that we provide. I would absolutely love the opportunity to speak with you directly due to the serious nature of this post. It is unfortunate that we have not spoken in the past nor have we had any previous contact besides me learning of this posting. I would have been more than happy to assist you in person. When you get a moment please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel or via cell phone as I am available at any time to discuss these matters. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to speaking with you very soon!

Philadelphia Fairfield Inn by Marriott
8800 Bartram Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19153
P:215.365.2254/F:215.365.2254
paulette.moore@pillarhotels.com
Hayden, Idaho
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This hotel is your typical 2-3 star hotel that is only useful if you need to be right near the airport. There is nothing within walking distance except a Ruby Tuesday's. The hotel itself is average. Our first room was stinky and the air conditioner didn't work. We were immediately moved to a room that was clean and acceptable for 1 night.

The customer service at this hotel is exceptional. It is the only reason I gave this review a 3 star. Everyone was very helpful, and they moved our room in less than 5 minutes. To be honest though, I would not stay here again. I just got a really good deal for 1 night and couldn't pass up the rate.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 1_Metallica_1
FFIPHLMGR, Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you found it close to the airport and easy access to a restuarant.If you ever do come back to the Philadelphia area there are more reatuarants to chose from and some have a shuttle that will come and pick you up for your lunch/dinner! Any one of our associates will set you up for that and answers any more questions you may have. Thanks for the compliment on our staff as we find them excellent as well

We hope to see you soon !