“Amazing location for Sporting Events!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium

Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium
Ranked #62 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Astoria, New York
“Amazing location for Sporting Events!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Greetings,

I was here July 14th for a friends bachelor party. We were in town for the Money In the Bank event at the Wells Fargo Center. The best man booked the suite. It was pretty huge. We had three beds, decent bathroom, kitchen area with stools, microwave and full fridge. We had an amazing view of the city of Philly. The best part was that all three stadiums were right behind the hotel. Wells Fargo being the furthest. It took me 10 minutes to make the walk. The highways were right there as well. I took a taxi from the hotel to 30th street to catch my bus it was 22 dollars. There was a pool in the back that seemed well kept. The only issue was that when we tried to check in early they said they "didn't have our room in the system" which was weird. If your in town for a game stay here.

Create Memories!

Scott

Room Tip: The best for sporting events at any stadium. About 15 minutes from the city.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your business and appreciate your feeback. We look foward to your future visits.

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
Elkton, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed one night for Justin Bieber concert at the Wacovia center. The front desk service was friendly and curtious. We arrived around 12:30 and even though check in time wasnt until 4 they had us in our room by 2:30. We hung out by the pool until we got into our room. The pool was OK, the pool really of could used a skim of all the bugs but the kids didn't seem to mind. The room was clean with a nice view of down town Philly, we were on the 11th floor. The a/c could of worked better and the hallways were verry hot, the room never got under 77 no matter how low we turned it. When we left for the concert we decided to take a taxi due to it was over 100 degrees out and I have health problems that won't allow me to walk in that kind of heat. Took the taxi awhile to get there, I even had to check with front desk to make sure they called. She was verry curtious and even called to check on it for us. Our only real disappointment was the restaurant. It was advertised that on concert nights they usually stayed open later, so we opted not to eat at the venue because it was so expensive there and when we got back it was closed. So I had three starving teens and had to try and scrounge up junk food from the expensive vending machines. Went down to the restaurant the next day before we left to have lunch and stood at the entrance while a sever stood at the register and ignored us. Finally we asked if we should seat ourselves and he said sure. We found a table and had to wait another 10 min before we asked the other table if there were any servers ( the only other customers in the restaurant), they yelled across the room to the same guy who ignored us at the door and he finally came over and gave us menus. Food was just OK, not worth the price I payed ( by the way their were no prices on the menu they gave us). For the price I payed (225.00 w/tax) I would have thought the hotel would have been a little more upscale but you couldn't beat the location if your attending an event. All in all my teens had a great time but I think that had more to do with Justin. Lol

Room Tip: The lower the floor the better the a/c seems to work
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy G
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreicate you taking your time to write us about your experience at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium. We appreicate you feeback and we apologize for any shortcomings. I will certainly forward your comments over to our Restaurant Management so that we can make necessary change to avoid any similar issues in the future. We do share all the comments that we receive from our valued guests with all of our staff members, and we retrain them on the issues that our guests finds unacceptable.

Once again we appreciate you business and look foward to see you again in the future.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here last night to attend the Eagles concert. We have stayed here many times to attend concert's and football games and it was fairly priced and clean? I do not know what happened! But there are too many other choices than spend $200 for an awful hotel.
Let me begin by saying the carpet on the 4th floor is frayed, lifting and their was garbage all over the carpet. Now let's discuss the room, it was decently clean but the bathroom smelled like urine and my shoes stuck to the floor! I told the front desk and asked if someone would go up and clean it, by the time I returned from the concert NO one had been in the room!
We decided to have dinner in the sports bar before the concert, that was another mistake! We both ordered a glass of wine, awful wine, we did not even finish it and we sent our chicken fingers back, they were not cooked!! What is going on?!
If it was not for the location this has become a dump! You can be as well located but it is a waste of your money! Stay a little further away and at a better place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking your time to write us about your experience at this hotel, and i do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We have recently found out that there have been fake reviews posted for different hotels by thier competitors. Due to the nature of the review, we cannot confirm your stay via this survey. I would appreciate it, if you can please contact me at the hotel Main number 215-755-9500 and ask for the General Managers extension so that i can assit you.

Your comments are very valuable, and we do all of complaints very seriously. I would await your phone call.

Once again, thank you for review and look foward to speaking with you.

Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Phildelphia Stadium for 4 nights recently. Staff was friendly and helpful at check in and out. The room was clean, bathroom was very small and had a ceiling leak in the access panel over the toilet. Ice & Soda machines on every other floor and not as convienient as you would like. The A/C unit under the window had exposed electrical wiring that would not be good if you had a small child staying in the room. Reported both of these issues to the desk.

The sports bar was good for after business hours enjoyment. A few negatives the draft beer was warm, fortuantely we were warned by other patron, on the 3rd night a couple of the bottles of beer we ordered were also warm and they were out of a couple of liquors we requested.

Overall the location and majority of the experience at this Holiday inn was average and it would not been too hard for them to get a higher rating if they just managed a few other minor details.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 8th floor or higher on the Stadium side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feeback and i can assure you that eventhough the reservations details cannot be verified thru this review, We will address your concerns with our staff to make sure that we fix any of the shortcomings that you exeprienced.

We appreciate your business and look foward to see you soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have used this hotel a few times in the past and been generally pleased with the experience. On a recent, sold-out Saturday night, however, our experience was terrible. The A/C in the room we were initially checked into did not work (blew only hot air) and it took me an hour to convince the front desk and the repairman that the unit was inop. Finally, they agreed and tried to move my daughter, our two year old and I to another room. That "process" took another 45 minutes and included me being inadvertently hung up on by the front desk clerk. In the end, the move that was supposedly so difficult was merely to the room next door...in which the A/C worked fine. Our compensation for this fiasco was a free breakfast buffett--a nice, but insufficient gesture, IMHO. I still love the location, but I was very disappointed in the hotel this go around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Doug J
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking your time to write us about your stay. We apprecaite your feedback, and apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. Due to the nature of the review it does not give me more details on your reservations and the room number. I would apprecaite it if you can contact me at the hotel main number 215-755-9500 and ask for the General Managers office, I would be glad to assit.

Looking foward to hearing from you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a hot night before a game. Walking distance to the ballpark makes this the place to stay if you are in town for such and event. It's not bad really. Service is so-so and the bar has good drink specials and a basic menu. You probably wouldn't want to stay here for the hotel itself but for location, events and a decent place to crash after, it's good.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us about your stay. We appreciate your feeback and look foward you have you as our valued guest in the future.

Buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night recently when I came to Philadelphia for one of the Rolling Stones concerts at the Wells Fargo Center. I chose it as it was the most recommended hotel for being close to the arena, I think it is actually the only hotel within walking distance of the arena. I booked online a couple months before my stay, and got a great AAA rate. I know the rates jumped shortly after the concert dates were announced, so if you're planning on staying here for a specific event nearby, I would recommend booking early.

My room was king bed room 606, I arrived around 11:00 and was able to get into my room quickly. I took a cab from the airport, and it wasn't too expensive, and not a long ride. The first thing I noticed was that the room was bigger than I expected, it was actually quite big as far as hotel rooms go. It had the bed, a small couch, which I wasn't expecting, with coffee table, desk and chair, nice flat screen TV, microwave, and a refrigerator. They offered one bottle of water for free. I also noticed there was no safe, this must be the thing now with hotel rooms, they always used to be there, now I find it rare to find a hotel room that has one. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable, I had a nice view of downtown Philadelphia. I used the free wifi, which was nice, and I never had a problem with connection or speed. One odd thing I noticed was the traveler safety guidelines paper on the desk, that had "don't invite strangers to your room" circled on it. The refrigerator in the room works very well, as I put a bottle of Mountain Dew in there and by the next morning, I took it out and it was frozen, so I had to leave it out to defrost so I could drink it!

The staff members I encountered were all friendly and helpful, especially the shuttle driver. The gift shop prices weren't bad (don't buy the Panasonic AA batteries though, they die almost immediately! I guess you get what you pay for--cheap!), and there was a Starbucks inside of it. I ate dinner at the restaurant with my friend at midnight, they kept the restaurant open for concert goers (which is what it was full of, there was lots of concert goers staying in the hotel), the posted closing time is 10 PM. It was nice to come back and be able to get something to eat right there at the hotel! The food was OK, nothing too great, but good, the service was somewhat slow (they were quite busy), and she said they ran out of Coke, and also the soup of the day (being so late when we were there, I didn't see it as too much of an issue). The prices I didn't think were too bad. I used the business center a little bit (free), I used it mainly with the intention of printing my boarding pass, but the printer wasn't working. I can't comment on the pool as I didn't use it, also I didn't have a car so I can't comment on the parking. The front desk girl offered me a parking pass though, saying "I might need it" but I told her I took a cab there, so I wouldn't. For event parking for the sports venues, there's lots all around the area. One time I took the elevator up late after the concert, I walked into it and there was spilled Jack Daniel's all over the floor--I don't blame this on the hotel, as it was from another guest. They did clean it up, but the next morning it was still sticky.

The hotel is in a great location for the three sports venues, and that's about it. It's walking distance to all three, but it was a further walk to the Wells Fargo Center then I thought. Of course, it was also really hot out the day I was there, so maybe walking in the heat had something to do with it. It's also not too far from the airport, but if you want to be in a more central location for sightseeing etc..., I wouldn't choose this hotel. I would choose it to be close to the sports venues, and that's about it. There isn't much else around it. There is the Xfinity Live complex, restaurants etc... which seemed to really be busy after the concert.

The hotel offers a shuttle back to the airport every half hour, I took this back instead of paying for a cab, it's a short ride, and you just let the front desk know an hour before you want to leave the shuttle time you would like to have (the driver sits in the lobby right by the front door). They don't though offer a shuttle from the airport, just going back.

Overall, my stay was fine, and I don't have any complaints. I would stay again if I was attending an event at one of the sports venues, but if I were to go back to Philadelphia for other reasons, I would choose a different, more central location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BuffaloAmy
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium for you lodging needs. We thank you for your business and appreciate your feeback.

We are always looking for our customers feedback, as they tell us what we are doing right and what we need to improve upon. We will certianly make necessary changes to over come any shortfalls and ensure total guest satisfaction.

We look foward to your future visits.