“One night stay”

Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium
Ranked #65 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed for one night. Booked through Hotwire as a last minute. Located in the stadiums area of Philadelphia, but can not say much of the surroundings. Very industrial. Room service was poor, had pizza, was very basic toppings and did not taste good. Room was clean, but had a faint aroma and was in need of redecoration. Hotel was noisy during the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium for your Loding needs. We appreciate your feedback and have shared your experience with our Staff and we are comitted to fix any shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Once again thank you for taking your time to write us about your stay. We look forward to see you in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our stay was very disappointing. We wanted a room so we did not have to deal with the post- Phillies game traffic. After this stay, I would rather sit in post-game traffic for an hour. We discovered a pair of bright blue underwear that were not ours next to the couch in the room. We also discovered a big pill underneath the couch. Obviously they did not clean very well, if at all. How do you miss bright blue underwear? They sent security up to remove the underwear.
If that was not enough, when came back to the room later that night and our keys did not work and we had to go back to the front desk for new keys. Very inconvenient. To top it all of, the next morning there was vomit in the hallway. We voiced our concerns to Holiday Inn but our concerns were not addressed.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. My advice would be to sit in post game traffic instead of staying in this overpriced dump.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear simi30,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is unfortunate service issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at our hotel. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Karen C

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My friends and I stayed over memorial day weekend to attend the NCAA lacrosse championship weekend at Lincoln Financial Field. We spent almost no time in the hotel itself. We basically just slept there as we were tailgating in the parking lot the entire time. Everything in the room was neat and clean, the AC worked great, front desk people were friendly. As I was checking out there were 2 men complaining about paying for parking on the last day of their stay. I've traveled a lot and been around the world. At almost EVERY hotel anywhere I have been there is a separate charge for parking. It is an industry standard. Especially in a city and even more so near not one or two but three sports stadiums where charging for parking is a part of the local economy. Not only that but it was only the day that they were checking out (Monday) that they had to pay for. The rest of the weekend was comped as they were staying in the hotel. If you ask me, these bozos had no idea what they were talking about and were just fishing some free handouts. The front desk agent handled them politely and professionally. I would highly recommend this place if you are int the area for a football, hockey, or baseball game. The bar downstairs is pretty lively and fun at night and the food, while not spectacular, was pretty good. And the location is incredibly convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us about your experience at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium. We appreciate your feeback and thank you for recognizing the valueable amenities such free parking that we provide to our overnite guests.

We look foward to see you soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed in June. A nice hotel well appointed with excellent clean rooms and attentive staff , both at reception and as servers. A good location for Philadelphia and for interstates around it. Very obliging attitude. Unfortunately it has one great drawback... the wi-fi is inconsistent and unreliable. This is very unusual for hotels in the area where wi-fi is universal and works well. No good for the general manager to say it's in the hands of an outside company, he has to do something positive about it or he will continue to let his staff down.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am in the receipt of your review and i apologize for the connectivity issues. We infact have the issue checked out by our service provider and they found it to be working per the brand standards. I apologize if you were given misinformation but i certainly do not remember speaking with any guests about our Internet service provider. We do take each of our complaints that we receive very seriously and try to address it as quickly as possible. I am sorry that you had to experience wifi issues but we have seen in most cases where certain corporate computers have firewalls built in them which prevents them from accessing a pulbic wifi unless they make some internal changes in their computer.

Once again i thank you for taking your time to write us about your experience, and i can assure you that the issue you have raised has been addressed to brand specification.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I liked my room at The Stadium location but I thought the service was poor- especially when I checked in. I had an unpleasant interaction with Thuy, at the front desk, that really tainted my stay. I had requested a room with a king bed and I was staying there for over 2 weeks for work. Thuy informed me that there were no king beds available and I'd have to take 2 double beds. After an argument ensued, I asked Thuy if I could change my room when a king became available and she said all of the king beds were booked for the future for guests that hadn't even arrived yet. I said well I'm here now and I'm staying for two weeks!! I had a reservation with a king also! She then awkwardly handed me a scratch off promotion card for a prize of some sort. It was a free dessert! I said do you think it could just be a room with a king bed?

Dealing with her was horrible. She should have made a point to connect me to the manager or try to help me. But she did not. I didn't understand why people who hadn't arrived yet and were staying for a shorter period of time had priority over me. If there was a reason, she didn't explain it well. I asked for the manager's card. She gave it to me and I tried to call a few times but the manager was never in. I called again a couple of weeks later and left a message on the manager's voice mail but was never called back.

Now, i just give up and leave this review. The hotel was in a spicey location right the baseball stadium. It was kind of fun to be around all of the fans. It was close to the city and the airport. It was tough to stay for two weeks food wise. I had to eat out a lot but the restaurant and store in the hotel were convenient.

Besides the double beds, the room was okay but neighboring guests were very loud. I was disturbed by neighbors several times and had to call security a couple of times. Especially horrifying was the loud sex that my neighbor was having. That's never happened to me at a hotel before. It was horrible but security was responsive. I also enjoyed saying hello to security every day. They were nice. I thought Thuy and the other front desk staff were unpleasant. Also, the cleaners weren't very good and one walked in without knocking one day. Eek! I had just gotten out of the shower and was laying on the bed with a towel barely covering me. She said sorry but...yikes! I think there a lot of training opportunities here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kalishopper
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Kalishopper,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received services that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Chose this hotel and paid the premium price due to its proximity to the Linc and because they advertise "Free Parking Included".. We wanted to walk to events there on Saturday and Sunday. Upon checking out on Sunday at 11 we were told to remove our car from the premises or pay an additional $20. When complaining that we were a customer that day still, had paid a premium for the "free" parking, we were told "the parking lot was controlled by another company". So they'd like your business but just don't drive there.

Also had dinner in the hotel bar - the service was awful. Had to go to the bar a couple of times to get what we needed - drinks, place settings. Slow and the food wasn't very good on top of it.

Avoid this place unless you can get a really good price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TrippingBilly23
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear TrippingBilly23,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall disappointment you experienced during your stay. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My 2nd stay at this hotel in last 3 months, This hotel was very well maintained, room was very clean and comfortable and spotless, staff was knowledgeable and courteous as well as quick to respond to any request, furniture was nice and updated, the beds and pillows were spotless clean and comfortable as usually as Holiday Inn.
Great job done by Tushar Shah and team!
Will definitely recommend to friends and family, as well as, stay again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business