“walk to sports arenas”

Ranked #60 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“walk to sports arenas”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Entire hotel drastically needs updating. Maid service was below average. Food in the sports bar terrible. HOWEVER this hotel is in walking distance to the football, baseball, basketball and hockey complexes. We'll return for that reason.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 11Lynda
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear 11Lynda,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you liked our hotel location. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Milford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Considering it was located in South Philly, in a primarily industrial area, I really had no idea what to expect. We booked the hotel thinking, "it's a holiday inn, how bad could it be?" We were beyond impressed. First the area. Absolutely fine. The location of the hotel is really what was incredible. We walked to the Wells Fargo Arena. Walked. At night. By ourselves. There was absolutely no reason to feel insecure. The front desk woman was amazingly nice and even upgraded our room. The room itself was posh! It was huge and clean. We really had a nice visit and I would absolutely stay here again when we come to see the Flyers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was snowed in and unable to travel back to Ottawa, Ontario this past February. The folks at United Air were less than caring and provided a slip of paper with a global telephone number to find a hotel room in Philadelphia. After several attempts, I finally got through to the the Holiday Inn Stadium and booked a room at a very affordable rate. When I got to the hotel, the Front Desk employees, Zanita and Thuy were very compassionate and took extra care of me, and another woman who was also stranded overnight. They helped us locate a suitable restaurant, find a drug store, called us a cab, provided toiletries, arranged a shuttle back to the airport the next day...all the while being understanding and simply going the extra mile.
When you are stranded in a foreign town, in a foreign country, it is the little things that matter, to make you feel comfortable. The Holiday Inn Stadium staff did that and more. Thank you Zaneta and Thuy!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I came in with my wife for our anniversary. i had ordered room service, where my room server, jessica, very quick and had everything right ! My wife and I are very pleased and hope to spend our next anniversary at the hotel, thank you.

• Stayed March 2013
philadelphia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel to attend a Flyers game last week, To be honest, this was not my first choice. But due to the location it was the most convenient. Despite some of the reviews I read in regards to the hotel, we had an excellent experience. The rooms were nicer than expected, very clean. The staff was extremely pleasant. Before the game we stopped in the restaurant located inside the hotel. The food was good, our waitress, Donna, was very helpful.She answered all our questions and was very attentive. We did not have to ask for anything, The service alone is enough for us to come back. We look forward to staying here again. Overall, our experience here was above par!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julia a a
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here to attend a 76ers game and you surely can't get better than this. I don't know what a room costs during football season but it was worth it when I stayed this time. I guess it is attributed to the arena, field, and stadium all being right next to each other, right away when you enter Philadelphia and great to have them all within walking distance from this hotel.

I wished I had checked out anything else in our hotel but we didn't really have time. The room was impeccable and just a huge step up from the room I stayed at at the Days Inn in Long Island City the night before. I haven't seen how ridiculous the prices could be during football season but unless they are completely unreasonable I could see about booking this hotel for any sporting event when I come to Philadelphia hands down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in Philadelphia in 2012. The location played the most important role in our choice.
We chose this hotel online for a stay. I was with my husband. I was a bit skeptical about it after reading some reviews on the Internet. However, we were both quite happy with the accommodations. The lobby was welcoming and the room was very large, spacious and clean. TV sets in the rooms. The other hotel areas are very clean, with good views the most time of the day! The staff is kind, helpful and professional! The breakfast is repetitive and poor but I enjoyed very much our cup of coffee every morning! I'd recommend this as a good place to stay if only you are not expecting high quality service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Gloria F,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am pleased you liked the location of our property and found our staff to be professional. It is hugely motivating to receive positive feedback from guests like you. Though we would have preferred you had a better breakfast experience, I am pleased you enjoyed the coffee served. We take all feedback negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G