“REALIZE where your hotel is and DO research before you complain”

Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium
Ranked #63 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have read the negative reviews of this property and just scratch my head when I read things about noise level, security and party atmosphere.
Folks, this hotel is PLOPPED DOWN RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THREE SPORTS VENUES for for FOUR Professional Sports teams as well as one of the facilities being Philadelphia's largest CONCERT VENUE. It is NOT un-common for the tailgate party to START at the HI hotel bar. If you checked in here for a weekend get away or a peaceful night's sleep while ANYTHING is happening in the buildings behind the hotel, you've made a grave miscalculation.

I have stayed at this property numerous times over the years (I work in the music industry) and this hotel is always clean, always has a friendly desk staff, has a great bar and has gone through a MAJOR re-hab recently.

It is safe (armed night time security) convenient and close to the airport if you are flying in for an event and then back out.

If you want peace and quiet, look at Center City and commute to an event at the stadiums or arena.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the highway. AVOID rooms by the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard S
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for wirting us about your experiences at the Holiday Inn Stadium Philadelphia. We appreciate you choosing our Hotel for your lodging needs and thank you for noticing the changes we have made. We are constantly looking for our customers feeback and make necessary changes as it fits our customer needs.

Your business is very valuable to us and mainly your trust in our Brand is also greatly appreciated.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel is just minutes walk away from the sports stadiums so I would stay here again if I was attending a game, however it was an oldish hotel that was clean but not sparkling! It's not luxurious, but ok for a passing night!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for previous army navy games. This was the best stay ever. The rooms seemed to have been renovated and decorated better. They were very clean. Housekeeping was excellent. The front desk was courteous and very helpful, especially Inez McNair. Ms. McNair was ver sweet to my 3 year old grandson. She made our stay very comfortable as we felt so welcome. This hotel seems to treat the military and their families very well. Even though it is quite pricey to stay at this hotel, if you have a young child or an elderly person to care for, the close proximity to the football and baseball stadium makes it worth it. You can walk to either stadium and parking is included with your room.

Room Tip: If you don't mind waiting for elevators I would get a higher floor to have less people traffic a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Good:
1) Location- good if you want to watch a football game. Bad if you want to be close to the airport (its the farthest hotel away from the airport in that priceline "name your own price' group)- about 7 miles.
2) Parking. Free. No space issues on non-game day (the clerk tells me they sell their spots on gamedays). But, unlike other 3 star airport hotels, you cannot leave your car in their lot and take the shuttle to the airport. They will either charge you for the parking or tow your car (the desk clerk told me as such).
3) Quite.
4) Free wifi

Bad:
1) DIRTY. The pillow linens had HAIR on them. Like 3-4 pieces, not just one. These linens were obviously not changed. Huge coffee stain on the middle of the white comforter- looks horrible. Either clean it, or get rid of it.
2) Musty smelling. Kinda like a red-roof in smell. Ugh.
3) NO BATH TOWELS AT ALL. Apparently the maid forgot to restock every last one before she left the room. LOL, at least I did not have to worry about the cleanliness of these!
4) Business center had no chairs.
5) No free breakfast.

Overall, priceline gives it a 3 star status. 2 star status on my stay. Will never stay here again. Will never use priceline 3 star Philadelphia "airport" properties (name your own price or express bid) for the fear of landing this one again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lanai_Kona
Stadium12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am writing to thank you for your comments. The goal for our Hotel to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our guests, and make thier stay a satisfying one. On the contrary i am dissapointed to learn that your very not satisfied with your recent stay. I can assure you that i will be personally looking into all of those issues my self and i will address them with appropriate departments. I apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced, and as stated our goal is total guest satisfaction. If there is anything i can do please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel number. I thank you for your business and looking forward to serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I recently attended the Philadelphia Stop of the Professional Bull Riders tour in Philadelphia. The Holiday Inn was the "event" hotel (partnered with the fan club,) so I booked a room.

The complex of venues (football stadium, baseball stadium and indoor arena) with this hotel is very convenient. Everything is within reasonable walking distance. Additionally, within this complex is what I like to call a "sports bar mosh pit," where you can (just) drink, enjoy finger food or sit down for a reasonably nice meal.

After the PBR event my wife and I went to the lounge at the Holiday Inn for a drink. I signed the drinks to my room account and left a cash tip. At check-out, I found the bartender had added a sizeable tip to my room tab. Unfortunately I did not keep my copy of the bill.

All efforts at check-out and for days afterward to rectify this were futile. Interestingly, at another restaurant in this complex, I was told they were prohibited from adding tips to transactions being paid-for with plastic. That should have been a clue.

The hotel was okay. Just make sure you keep a copy of every receipt to protect yourself from what happened to me. And don't rely on the hotel to "make it right."

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tvchase

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking your time to write us about your experience at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium. Your willingness to share your experience gives us an oppurtinity to evalute ourselves, and it helps us make necessary changes. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and If you can feel free to contact me at the hotel number extension 1402, and i can look into this issue in detail for you and resolve any issues. I do want to assure you that any concerns you may have will be addressed to your satisfaction.

Looking foward to speaking with you, and once again I thank you for your business.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Found myself needing alone night stay while traveling between Md. and NJ. Decided to try priceline as the last time I used them for Philadelphia, I got this property. Lucked out again. Easy access to 95 for my commute. The only drawback is the lack of free breakfast, but otherwise, room is well appointed, clean and the wifi was free and reliable. If needing a room for a sporting even, you cannot get closer to PNC park than this place. Lincoln Financial field also adjacent. Parking is complimentary as well. There is a restaurant on site which I did not try, and a couple others within walking distance. Front desk service is always efficient and courteous.

Room Tip: rooms on the back side of property face right in to baseball stadium
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Tom Bonfiglio & Khalil Lewis @ the Holiday Inn Stadium in Philadelphia help make this another great stay @ their hotel. The September Bruce Springstein concert played the weekend I was there and I expected chaos and crowds, but the atmosphere at the hotel remained pleasant and comfortable. Even parking was easy. And, also as usual, the staff in the Sports Bar also provided great service. The room was clean and comfortable and the location is central for the business I attend to while there. A great addition to the hotel is the recently opened store next to the lobby. Looking forward to coming back again in 2013.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business