“Space”

Hyatt at The Bellevue
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

With large rooms, airy corridors and spacious foyer this was clearly built when space to breathe was important. the rooms have plenty of ROOM, they are comfortable, well okked after and clean. The staff are ever helpful and really take care of their patrons. The bar XIX on the top floor is worth a visit as the views are pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt at The Bellevue

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel has small but well-appointed rooms, decorated nicely, beds are comfy and bathrooms are of a good size for an older hotel. There is a nice bar/restaurant on the top floor which is a great place to relax and meet friends after a busy day of site seeing in Philly.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room, that is what we had with 2 nice windows
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a room block of approx 40 rooms at this hotel for my daughter's wedding. Tom Peters could not have been more accommodating in making sure my family and guests were well taken care of. Our rooms were Beautiful and the hotel staff were super nice and couldn't be more helpful. Great hotel and Location!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We arrived in Philadelphia before our room was ready but the reception staff were more than helpful and offered to keep our bags while we walked round the city. The attendant at reception went through a map of Philadelphia with us and showed us the location of all the sites in the area. Overall this is an extremely welcoming hotel with staff who go above and beyond to help guests. The room I stayed in was large with comfy beds and a traditional feel. We also ate brunch in the restaurant on the top floor which was recommended to us, I'm glad we went because the food available was wonderful and the feel of the place was luxurious. Would definitely go back again!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jayjay J
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel is centrally located and just blocks from all the "must see" attractions in Philly such as the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's gravestone, etc. The public areas are very well preserved and the staff take pride in telling you about the history of this magnificent building. Front desk staff and bell staff were all very friendly and helpful.

I was first given a room near the elevator with a lot of foot traffic, so I asked to move to another location further away. They arranged for this although I had to call 2 times to remind them to bring my new room key up. No big deal.

The second room as huge and had an interconnecting door to another room. Rooms are very clean and well thought out, the bed was comfortable and bathroom even had a bidet.

My biggest (and only) gripe was that the doors were paper thin. I could hear a cellphone conversation of someone standing in the hall who was speaking at a normal level, yet it sounded like he was standing next to me. Same thing with the connecting door. I could hear the conversations of guests even though they were speaking at a low volume. Investing in more solid, noiseproof doors would definitely make this a five-star hotel.

For an old building, it had a modern heating/cooling system but the temperature couldn't be set for less than 60 degrees.

I didn't eat breakfast (wasn't included in the rate), so I can't comment on the food. Wi-Fi was free because of my status with Hyatt and was relatively strong throughout the building.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Matthewfromct
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel is amazing. Gorgeous, old, well maintained and authentic building. Anyone complaining about "old" just doesn't appreciate the historical value of the hotel and how it's meant to hold that feel to it.

The hotel staff is incredibly helpful and accommodating. Like, seriously super super nice and pleasant people. It was genuine too, not fake or forced. I literally got greetings from housekeepers to maintenance men... it was nice and quite impressive really. The beds were super comfortable and everything was clean. The restaurant on the 19th floor had delicious drinks and food and our room service food was also great.

Honestly, I'd have to say this is one of my best hotel experiences ever!

Two MINOR cons:
1) the elevator. Super slow. and then because it was slow, it would get really full. But in the grand scheme of things, really no big deal.
2) the location is amazing... but if you're a light sleep the amazing location can also hinder sleep. It's a bit noisy outside of the window but they do supply ear plugs if that gets to be an issue.

Still, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Megan T
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We were treated like royalty. I will go back again & again. This is our third time here and they are consistent with the excellent service. We did try the restaurant which has great views but overpriced adequate food. The prices range from $150 to $250 but it felt like we paid $400.

Stayed: March 2014